Bankers Fish and Chip shop in Hangleton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bankers Norfolk square is the best fish and chip shop in Brighton. (Sorry bardsleys lovers but it's the truth ). This has to be good news, who knows? Even Hangleton Born and Bred may admit his true roots if this goes on

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bankers Norfolk square is the best fish and chip shop in Brighton. (Sorry bardsleys lovers but it's the truth ). This has to be good news, who knows? Even Hangleton Born and Bred may admit his true roots if this goes on

Absolutely. Used to live in Bedford Square. Pretty much had Bankers every Friday when we did.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

What's the best fish and chip shop in Brighton & Hove?....throws Wolfies into the mix (not been there myself).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be frank Mr C is shite !!!! The one on Hangleton Way is OK though.

Mr C? But why would anyone buy chips from this geezer?

Mr C.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What's the best fish and chip shop in Brighton & Hove?....throws Wolfies into the mix (not been there myself).

Wolfies isnt bad. Does piglets pies so used to get some of the specials in there. Chips were good and it seemed clean. Nice staff had the fish a couple of times was decent but nothing amazing.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Wolfies is definitely good but wouldn't say the best. They provide a bit more variety than most chippies and have whitebait and occasionally slat & pepper squid, amongst other things, on their menu. Recommend it.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The gentrification of Hangleton has begun! Joking aside I hope this helps the small businesses up there get a bit more passing trade.

All it will now take is for one of the two Corals and one of the two Boots within stone-throwing distance of each other to give up their spots to decent coffee shops and the process with be complete!

nick65

Jun 9, 2013
New Jersey
I wonder if they'll offer a delivery service? My elderly mother gets her cod and chips delivered every Friday from some where in Portslade, but there's no doubt Bankers are the best.

matey

Mar 16, 2014
The Chip Basket in Hove before Bankers took over was bustling with customers especially on Friday evenings. Queues outside the door and you would normally have to wait for a table in the restaurant. Bankers moved in and I don't see this any day and I didn't find there fish and chips all that exciting. Not eaten in the Bankers restaurant though.

There is a Chip Basket branded chippie in Portland Road but I have seen the former guys from CB working in the chippie down on Victoria Terraces by the King Alfred.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The Chip Basket in Hove before Bankers took over was bustling with customers especially on Friday evenings. Queues outside the door and you would normally have to wait for a table in the restaurant. Bankers moved in and I don't see this any day and I didn't find there fish and chips all that exciting. Not eaten in the Bankers restaurant though.

There is a Chip Basket branded chippie in Portland Road but I have seen the former guys from CB working in the chippie down on Victoria Terraces by the King Alfred.

Portland Rd Chip Basket is the same people as the original Chip Basket on Church Rd. Still really friendly and great food.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Bankers in Hove is great, Golden Fry in Westdene is a bit hit and miss and wolfies is decent but a little bit greasy in my experience.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Cant beat Fillets in Lewes Road. The cod is too big for your plate. Just as good as the Chinese chippie in Upper Lewes Road in the 80's. My only moan is they don't do a pineapple fritter.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Wolfies has pie and mash ... much to the delight of the London-born Mrs Gwylan. I like Bankers but my new favourite is Fillets on Lewes Rd

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Mr C's is shite anyway... just nothing of sort nearby so have to go there by default!! Bankers will blow it away the one on Church road is among the nicest fish and chips in Brighton & Hove !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here