moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Loved that.
Especially lingfield and dormansland

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Excellent! Next up to that on You Tube is a 1962 trip on the Cuckoo Line, which I remember all too well. Once took over the controls of a push-pull train (under very watchful adult guidance!) from Hailsham to Polegate. Also travelled the Hellingly Hospital branch in a brake van. Happy days!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Excellent! Next up to that on You Tube is a 1962 trip on the Cuckoo Line, which I remember all too well. Once took over the controls of a push-pull train (under very watchful adult guidance!) from Hailsham to Polegate. Also travelled the Hellingly Hospital branch in a brake van. Happy days!

Missed that. Will look out for it. So wish there was footage from the Brighton-Kemptown line. Also the Lewes-Uckfield line.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Wonderful times .

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
My grandparents lived in Hellingly. Used to see the trains a couple of hundred yards behind their back garden, past the glass houses seen in the film. Before the line closed they took my brother and I, on a trip from Hellingly to Heathfield, behind a Class 4 tank - as in the film. I remember it as of it were yesterday - I was aged 4 at the time[emoji4]. After the passenger trains stopped in 1965 (later years diesel), there were still steam hauled goods trains. We also went to see the last steam hauled train, an RCTS special, when it ran through Hellingly Station. 2 x ex SR 2-6-0 Moguls on the front. Happy days.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Happy times when you could walk across the bridge at Hove station and get covered in smoke and sparks.......and the trains were reliable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here