Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do 1901ers get too many "loyalty" points?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They say that, but when it comes to it will they really go to that many ? When it comes to getting acts together, getting family permission passes, sacrificing other events in the dairy etc. I can't see too many radical changes to routines.

I think they might, particularly those used for corporate entertainment.

Speakingof which, as 1901 seats don't have to be used by a specific person, does that mean 1901-purchased away tickets can be used by anyone too?

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
I know the rigid "10 games a season, every season" example is not realistic, but I think it provides a good illustration.

View attachment 84921

Whether it's fair or not "The Club" sold 1901 with guaranteed access to away tickets. Much as I accept this is a little unfair to fans that Travel away most weeks! I'd also like to address all the extras we allegedly receive. Do you actually believe that the programme is free? Yes, we have lounge facilities (no free tea or coffee!) Cost for that for me £1224 per anum. I think maybe a programme has been factored in to the cost? Oh, and I do Travel away too.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Speakingof which, as 1901 seats don't have to be used by a specific person, does that mean 1901-purchased away tickets can be used by anyone too?

Nope.

EDIT: the answer above is predicated on the 1901 ticket being held in a personal capacity. Given HT's post below, I'm not sure about those held by a company...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
as 1901 seats don't have to be used by a specific person, does that mean 1901-purchased away tickets can be used by anyone too?

I guess so. Some 1901 tickets are in company names; I wonder how this works if you get ID-ed at an away game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A 1901 ticket holder is effectively paying for ALL home games including cup matches. Its right therefore that they get points for those cup games. Maybe 1100 is too many, but they are committing to being able to attend every home game including friendlies.

Villa away the thresholds were 1160 and 1110, so the club are clearly aware of this as they excluded 1901ers who hadn't been to an away game from that second sales date - they did the same for Brentford away.

I'm pretty sure we'll see thresholds set for the big Premier League away games that ensure STers who travel to most away games will get a ticket, and a second or third level that excludes 1901s who haven't been away. So maybe Old Trafford will be something like sales thresholds of 1210, 1160, 1110, 1070.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Whether it's fair or not "The Club" sold 1901 with guaranteed access to away tickets..

Did they really? Guaranteed in what regard?

With c3,000 1901 Club members, there have been plenty of away games where there's certainly not been enough away tickets for each member, even accounting for the fact that many 1901ers will be behind the queue to the most frequent away attendees.

In fact, there will be a few Premier League away games where we'll get less than 3,000 tickets, most notably Bournemouth.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Declaration on interests 1) 1901er 2) been to every away game bar 3 for that last ffive years so many points.

I think it's totally unfair (although it should reflect up games)

I'd hate to be Paul Barber's inbox if they change it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I feel more sorry for the fans that can only watch away games because of cost or availability of home tickets.

Have we really got that many fans who can afford to go away rather than home. Yes we have quite a few northern based fans but they can go because of the short journey and the fact that those games are quite often POG.

Also, will those "never been to an away game" 1901ers actually enjoy an away game if they were to go.

Its definitely wrong that somebody who has never been away in the six Amex seasons could get tickets in front of a STH who has travelled to 60 away games over that period.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Have we really got that many fans who can afford to go away rather than home. Yes we have quite a few northern based fans but they can go because of the short journey and the fact that those games are quite often POG.

Also, will those "never been to an away game" 1901ers actually enjoy an away game if they were to go.

Its definitely wrong that somebody who has never been away in the six Amex seasons could get tickets in front of a STH who has travelled to 60 away games over that period.

I was led to believe that we have a waiting list for season tickets at the Amex now and some people don't want the commitment of a season ticket. Also, quite a few premier league clubs offer the 20 is plenty for away fans. If you are london based, like the guys I sit with. Attending away games is more affordable and more fun!

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Did they really? Guaranteed in what regard?

With c3,000 1901 Club members, there have been plenty of away games where there's certainly not been enough away tickets for each member, even accounting for the fact that many 1901ers will be behind the queue to the most frequent away attendees.

In fact, there will be a few Premier League away games where we'll get less than 3,000 tickets, most notably Bournemouth.

Maybe the wrong word. As I no longer have the original sales pack, I can't quote verbatim. As mentioned above, may have meant priority.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
What do people think about a 'wildcard' scheme?

Some people may only be able to get to 1 or 2 away games a season, for various reasons. It seems that, unless you go to 5+ games, you won't be able to go to any. How about putting aside, say 100 tickets per game, for these people in a lucky draw?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Wasn't the above being mooted about, where the first tranch of 'aways' go to a certain points level and above, the remainder by lucky dip where the amount of lottery tickets you get depends on your points?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What do people think about a 'wildcard' scheme?

Some people may only be able to get to 1 or 2 away games a season, for various reasons. It seems that, unless you go to 5+ games, you won't be able to go to any. How about putting aside, say 100 tickets per game, for these people in a lucky draw?

The problem with loyalty schemes is that it effectively becomes a closed shop. If the first game of the season is for plus 1100 points, it sells out but you only have 1090 you will then be 20 points worse off and the gap will only get worse if games keep selling out. Something like what you propose would address that but in reality would never happen.

I have some sympathy with the club on this one. Whatever is proposed will upset a portion of the fan base.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
And there you have the answer to why premier league stadiums are lacking in atmosphere and most are like a library
Real fans are traded in by those that have more money who never hardly used to go but will now go to big games because they can afford it

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bloody rich b*****s ruining our lives again!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here