Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket for final two home games.

Stll just the wheelchair/companion pair in the SW corner.

Come on BHA. Get a couple of staff in on overtime. Send a text and email to all season ticket holders so those on holiday or who can't make it actually know the ticket exchange is live. Tweet it, Facebook it or at least annouce it on the darn website!

There really should not be an empty seat in the house for our promotion party.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thought the club makes a bit of extra money if fans exchange tickets plus the money a thousand fans may spend.
We have empty seats next to us all season I have checked my deodorant.:shrug:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Your giving the impression you think the club dont want people using ticket exchange
I think the issue is that it is a hands on effort for an albion member of staff, which isn't ideal over a bank holiday weekend.

I also heard that the ticketing software will do it all automatically next season, but that may be wishful thinking.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All manner of people coming out of the woodwork looking for tickets on my FB now, didn't know I knew so many "die hard" Albion fans............

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I read it differently as a comment at how manual the system is once a ticket has been placed on the exchange

Appreciate that but because it is a manual system they are making no effort to encourage people to use ticket exchange.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All manner of people coming out of the woodwork looking for tickets on my FB now, didn't know I knew so many "die hard" Albion fans............

LOL.....................a neighbour stopped me in the road this morning, asked about the game yesterday, then asked a) how does he get a season ticket and then when I told him basically no chance b) can I get him tickets for the games v Arsenal and Man Utd.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Really need one ticket for the Wigan game, but only the wheelchair spaces showing in SWC

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Can't believe the amount of segregation for the Wigan fans. On the south side, there were two blocks of tarps, with a couple of unused columns in between! Crazy and unnecessary and must have cost us how many on the attendance, [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] ?

Other than that, a blissfully perfect day Monday that is only just sinking in (and recovering from) for yours truly...

PG

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Still looking for a Bristol City Ticket in the vain hope that one may be available.

The ticketing site 'buy' icon turned amber for the game this afternoon. As i eagerly clicked to buy any available seat, the pop up informed me that the game is sold out. How cruel is that?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Shame the Club don't advertise the Ticket Exchange to STH as there were a few empty seats in the North for the Wigan game.

It will be a real pity when the same thing happens v Bristol City yet there are people out there still looking for tickets.

Can't believe the amount of segregation for the Wigan fans. On the south side, there were two blocks of tarps, with a couple of unused columns in between! Crazy and unnecessary and must have cost us how many on the attendance, [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] ?

Other than that, a blissfully perfect day Monday that is only just sinking in (and recovering from) for yours truly...

PG

Yeah, noticed also. It looked like Wigan had blocks B and C when they could have clearly be housed in either one, even the smaller B. Maybe the club can't segregate the concourse between B and C. With planning though, they could have easily been all housed in C along with the segregation area, meaning we could have had around 400 extras in Block B. Or they could have all got in block A and we could have had C and some of block B (maybe giving up some of E1H for seg)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Shame the Club don't advertise the Ticket Exchange to STH as there were a few empty seats in the North for the Wigan game.

It will be a real pity when the same thing happens v Bristol City yet there are people out there still looking for tickets.

Same in the West Lower around where I sit. It's true of course, that there are some STH who just can't be bothered to put their unused Season Tickets on the Ticket Exchange, and others who simply wake up on the morning of the game, and decide to go shopping instead of watching football.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The annoying thing about the ticket exchange for me personally, and I know this is obviously selfish, but they give you a shop voucher if they re-sell your ticket. However, you can only spend the voucher instore and not online, and it is only valid for a month. So, in my case, I can't get to a lot of games because I live in the North East - therefore giving me a voucher that I have to come down to Brighton to use is basically pointless. If I could make it down to spend the voucher, I would be coming to the game. Therefore, my incentive to take the effort to re-list my seat is pretty minimal. Make it a voucher that can be spent online and that would make my life easier. Slightly moot point though, as I've been able to make Wigan and Bristol City.

Something for them to look at for next year, maybe.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The annoying thing about the ticket exchange for me personally, and I know this is obviously selfish, but they give you a shop voucher if they re-sell your ticket. However, you can only spend the voucher instore and not online, and it is only valid for a month. So, in my case, I can't get to a lot of games because I live in the North East - therefore giving me a voucher that I have to come down to Brighton to use is basically pointless. If I could make it down to spend the voucher, I would be coming to the game. Therefore, my incentive to take the effort to re-list my seat is pretty minimal. Make it a voucher that can be spent online and that would make my life easier. Slightly moot point though, as I've been able to make Wigan and Bristol City.

I think this is the case for a number of things the club do and as a non local it can get a bit frustrating - no returns on a match day and no young seagulls shirts on a match day for example. For us that travel to the games it means that a lot of these things will pass us by as can't travel a 200mile round trip just to go to the club shop

(I appreciate returns can be done by post)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It was disappointing seeing empty seats at the Wigan game, I guess they were one of two options.

1) STH - not bothered for whatever reason to put the ticket up for reuse
2) Ticket brought for the game but then for some reason couldn't make the game.

Obviously for the first scenario we know what they can do if they so wish. However what about option 2? they've paid a one off price, but can't get a refund, can't put it on the exchange list and can't get a voucher.

Maybe they need to look at that option to see if it's beneficial in allowing the same options as a STH?

Or a more radical idea, is 15 minutes after kick off, the ticket windows open with a raft of seats that haven't been seated in (I guess they can do this as this is scanned when the fan goes into the ground) and sell at a reduced rate. Obviously fans without tickets and trying to get a ticket this way is a risk - but could be worth it? Like they do for West End shows?

It was disappointing seeing empty seats at the Wigan game, I guess they were one of two options.

1) STH - not bothered for whatever reason to put the ticket up for reuse
2) Ticket brought for the game but then for some reason couldn't make the game.

Obviously for the first scenario we know what they can do if they so wish. However what about option 2? they've paid a one off price, but can't get a refund, can't put it on the exchange list and can't get a voucher.

Maybe they need to look at that option to see if it's beneficial in allowing the same options as a STH?

Or a more radical idea, is 15 minutes after kick off, the ticket windows open with a raft of seats that haven't been seated in (I guess they can do this as this is scanned when the fan goes into the ground) and sell at a reduced rate. Obviously fans without tickets and trying to get a ticket this way is a risk - but could be worth it? Like they do for West End shows?

They just need to bother to promote the season ticket exchange. The link for both Bristol and Wigan has been hidden away on a part of the website you would not find unless you wanted to BUY a ticket..

Also, when the ticket exchange is made available late in the day, some folk will already be away and won't be able to see the clubs messages (if they ever send any) that the exchange is open.

Ideally the exchange should be open all the time so one can make their ticket available. Clearly the rule about them not being offered for sale until an official sellout should apply.

In this day and age, how tricky would a phone app be? It would house your season ticket, let you say you won't there. The club could push messages regarding offers, late availability and advising season tickets when the game is sold out to remind them to make their ticket available as other fans are waiting.

Next season when the away team take the full 3000 allocation, match by match tickets will be in short supply, however, a working and promoted ticket exchange could boost the number of available match by match tickets by over 100%

I'm sure the club have it in hand. It's small change compared to other commitments in the Premier League

I know some of the established Premier League teams give you a credit if you renew your season ticket for the following season. This seems a good idea and everyone gains

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here