Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Crowborough Athletic v Albion U23*** Sussex Senior Cup, 19.45, 15 Feb 2017

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
A small chance I might make this game tonight and a new Sussex Ground for me. Anyone got any tips on parking and the cost to get in.

Looks like we are playing a young squad, so will be a good test foe them tonight as I believe Crowbough are playimng well and near the top of the league.

ALBION (probable squad): Collings (GK), Sanchez (GK), Moore, O'Sullivan, Cadman, Barclay, Hall, Dallison, Barker, Ajiboye, A Davies, Cardwell, Tighe, Barnett, Garcia, Bjordal.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ugh-athletic-3577439.aspx#Mohb5Z2KyZvEZ1QP.99

Winner will play Eastbourne in the semi final normaly at a nuetral venue.

A small chance I might make this game tonight and a new Sussex Ground for me. Anyone got any tips on parking and the cost to get in.

Looks like we are playing a young squad, so will be a good test foe them tonight as I believe Crowbough are playimng well and near the top of the league.

ALBION (probable squad): Collings (GK), Sanchez (GK), Moore, O'Sullivan, Cadman, Barclay, Hall, Dallison, Barker, Ajiboye, A Davies, Cardwell, Tighe, Barnett, Garcia, Bjordal.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ugh-athletic-3577439.aspx#Mohb5Z2KyZvEZ1QP.99

Lots of parking in the ground. £8 last week when youngest and her teammates were mascots, I got in for most as I was helping but Mrs. P had to pay as she turned up later.

Lots of parking in the ground. £8 last week when youngest and her teammates were mascots, I got in for nowt as I was helping but Mrs. P had to pay as she turned up later.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Slightly weakened / different Albion squad, as Molumby, Mandriou and Connolly are all away with Irish age group teams.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The youth teams (U23 and U18) seem to be doing much better recently. [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] will have the stats to hand no doubt!

Academy and training ground starting to bear results? Whatever happens this season, bringing on homegrown talent has to be part of the long-term solution.

PG

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

It's £8 and £4 respectively. Programme is a quid. Bar open in the ground from 6:30 and the club house may be open before hand but certainly will afterwards.

Parking in the car park will fill up pretty quickly I would have thought. Plenty of on street parking on the Alderbrook estate and probably back out on Fermor Road.

Crowborough are second in the league a point behind Ashford with a game in hand. Recently haven't been very good mind. We've gone from being in 4 cups including the 5th round of the Vase to just being in the SSC, which I fully expect to go out of tonight, but that won't be the end of the world as now the Vase run is over then it really is the league we should be concentrating on.

Few players for the Crows that have been around the non league scene in Sussex. Zac Attwodd (Hastings), Sam Crabb (Eastbourne various), Henry Muggeridge (Lewes), Dan Perry (Lewes), plus a few decent local lads and a goal keeper with torrettes.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Lots of parking in the ground. £8 last week when youngest and her teammates were mascots, I got in for most as I was helping but Mrs. P had to pay as she turned up later.

Thanks for this, looks like I may not be able to make it now due to work, still a slim chance. Is it £8 for teh car park or for entry to the game. I think this will be a tough match, how did Crowbough play when you saw them.

I love the SSC and hope our younsters approach it in the right manner. I hope its a good crowd.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It's £8 and £4 respectively. Programme is a quid. Bar open in the ground from 6:30 and the club house may be open before hand but certainly will afterwards.

Parking in the car park will fill up pretty quickly I would have thought. Plenty of on street parking on the Alderbrook estate and probably back out on Fermor Road.

Crowborough are second in the league a point behind Ashford with a game in hand. Recently haven't been very good mind. We've gone from being in 4 cups including the 5th round of the Vase to just being in the SSC, which I fully expect to go out of tonight, but that won't be the end of the world as now the Vase run is over then it really is the league we should be concentrating on.

Few players for the Crows that have been around the non league scene in Sussex. Zac Attwodd (Hastings), Sam Crabb (Eastbourne various), Henry Muggeridge (Lewes), Dan Perry (Lewes), plus a few decent local lads and a goal keeper with torrettes.

Cheers we had cross postings - this is great info and makes me want to sneak off even more, especially if your tipping our yongsters to win.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Cheers we had cross postings - this is great info and makes me want to sneak off even more, especially if your tipping our yongsters to win.

I fully expect it to be a decent game. Crowborough certainly won't be bullied but if they've got the quality to handle full time pros is to be seen. Until we lost to Newhaven in the RUR cup the other week we'd beaten everything the county league had thrown at us in the various cups (Peacehaven twice, Haywards Heath, Shoreham, Eastbourne United and Town, Broadbridge Heath). I certainly think SCEFL is a stronger league than SCFC and the results between the two divisions this season would support that.

Also it's one of the better grounds at that level IMO and I've seen a lot over the years so if you've not been do sneak off early and come along. To answer your other question parking is free and it's £8 to get in.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I see former Albion scholar Connor Pring joined the Crows last month too.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Team news: Tom Dallison starts in the middle of defence despite playing the whole game against Leicester on Monday. He partners Ben Hall, with Tom Cadman (making only his 3rd start of the season for the U-23s) playing at left-back (where he played whilst on loan at East Grinstead recently). Another nominal centre-back, Ban Barclay, plays in midfield. Interestingly, David Ajiboye was kept out of Worthing's match last night to play tonight:-

[TWEET]831937376285052929[/TWEET]

[TWEET]831937623421812736[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
For anyone who wants a blow-by-blow account of the match tonight (via twitter), you can follow the Crowborough Athletic twitter feed which has something called #ClubApp which will tell you more than you wish to know:-

[TWEET]831954001050664964[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[TWEET]831980702820352001[/TWEET]

The semi-final will be played at Culver Road, Lancing, at a date to be confirmed (possibly March 1st).

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Decent performance from Brighton. Were never really threatened by Crowborough.
2nd half Brighton could have had a lot more goals of not for a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing.
Bjordal came on at half time and for me was man of the match. Looked a class above the rest and is definitely one to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here