Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I hate valentines day...

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I hate it this year because the girlfriend is in New Zealand for 5 weeks and I have failed to organise a card for her to open over there. Worse still, it would have been easy to send one out with her best mate with whom she is travelling.Bad boyfriend!

Ex-Boyfriend!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
neither I nor the missus have truck with valentines day but unfortunately both our families have proved incapable of understanding this.
We have a normal day except for a brief conversation where we decide what we're going to pretend we did and got each other when relatives ask.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I think Valentines Day is for singles and couples that haven't been together for too long. Everyone else sees the day as an overpriced commercial event.

However the one not to forget is Mothers Day, do that and you really are in trouble.

This.... Valentines Day is just an excuse to get you to spend money on the one you love. I buy her enough orchids when they die under her care to show a lifetime of love.....

However, the Mothers Day scenario is true. When I lived and worked in the Philippines, I got an irate phone call from my father asking what I had forgotten. I was racking my brains trying to work it out when he told me I'd forgotten Mothers Day. In my defence I always used to be able to work it out because Mothers Day was always advertised everywhere at least a month before. However in the Philippines, they follow the US by having Mothers Day in May. Whoops.!!!!!!

I've never forgotten Mothers Day since. :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That time of year again I hate Valentines day...

Now I love my wife dearly however for someone who is anti establishment, globalisation and a strong believer in women's equal rights and sexism throughout the world why does she like this manufactured day. The actual history of this day begins way back in roman times when from Feb. 13 to 15, the Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia. The men sacrificed a goat and a dog, then whipped women with the hides of the animals they had just slain !!!!

Probably leaving it a bit late, but reckon the RSPCA might have a goat and a dog for sale. Just saying like...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This.... Valentines Day is just an excuse to get you to spend money on the one you love. I buy her enough orchids when they die under her care to show a lifetime of love.....

However, the Mothers Day scenario is true. When I lived and worked in the Philippines, I got an irate phone call from my father asking what I had forgotten. I was racking my brains trying to work it out when he told me I'd forgotten Mothers Day. In my defence I always used to be able to work it out because Mothers Day was always advertised everywhere at least a month before. However in the Philippines, they follow the US by having Mothers Day in May. Whoops.!!!!!!

That's another load of Ol'bollox I have to put up, precious thinks because she is American she gets two mothers days gifts,cards and meals from our 7 year old daughter....

Now that winds me up no bloody end

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

That happened to me when I lived in Botswana. I phoned my Mum & Dad in May one Sunday morning to wish her Happy Mothers Day and got told by my rather bemused Dad that it was 2 months ago in The UK. :lolol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Tinpot? Surely not?

Jonathan Russell
‏@JonnyRussell100
[MENTION=3757]readingfc[/MENTION] why play on Valentine's? Neither myself or any of my friends will attend as spending time with partners. Why not switch to Wed?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Single and the Albion are at home ......what's Valentines Day?

Last time I celebrated Valentines Day, we were at home to Millwall, which I'm sure would have made the perfect romantic evening.........

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I hate it this year because the girlfriend is in New Zealand for 5 weeks and I have failed to organise a card for her to open over there. Worse still, it would have been easy to send one out with her best mate with whom she is travelling.Bad boyfriend!

Wouldn't worry about it mate - I'm sure she'll find some 6'6" Kiwi rugger player to keep her company on Valentines Day!!!

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
(Cool story alert...) My mate, who is an Ipswich fan, gave me a lift to Priestfield for the Heart of Football Fans United day - an action which precipitated a split with his disgruntled girlfriend of the time.

He will be at The Amex tomorrow night with his lovely wife of 5 years who likes watching football as much as he does....!

Moral of the story: Go to the football.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

biddles911

May 12, 2014
You really haven't worked out women yet mate, they just want to feel a bit special to you once in a while.

You're lucky! If I don't tell my wife every week how much I love her I can guarantee a major sulk if I transgress in some way (so easy to do too!).

Call me mean but I resent the restaurants all doubling their prices for their "special" Valentines menu and then get approached by the local gipsy to buy a b***y rose at the table for a tenner!

Who said romance is dead.....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Oddly, my first card just popped through the letter box today. No idea who sent it :shrug:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm naturally dominant
With love from...guess who?

xxx

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Single and the Albion are at home ......what's Valentines Day?

Last time I celebrated Valentines Day, we were at home to Millwall, which I'm sure would have made the perfect romantic evening.........

Married and the Albion are at home....comes before Valentines Day.
Anyways taking kid with me so she gets the evening to herself.
What more could I give..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here