Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Do those two yellow cards count towards his accumulation or does the fact that he's suspended wipe them clean?

I suspect it's the latter, but you never know with the FL

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Do those two yellow cards count towards his accumulation or does the fact that he's suspended wipe them clean?

I suspect it's the latter, but you never know with the FL

I think it's the latter too, but [MENTION=3018]Peter Grummit[/MENTION]t (sp) did set up a suspensions thread, which hasn't appeared of late, but has one dominant performer, stealing the stage

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
First yellow counts I think. Second yellow is wiped off from the total by the suspension ? ??? ???

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
First yellow counts I think. Second yellow is wiped off from the total by the suspension ? ??? ???

That is right. It's a bit ridiculous as they both count towards the red card so it is better to get a straight red for a professional foul or handball on the line (with a one game ban) than two yellows. To me they should both be wiped off the booking count

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So to clarify...is that now two yellows to count towards the 5 that will result in a 3 match ban?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
One other thing to bear in mind is that Dunk refused to leave the subs/managers area and go down the tunnel for a fair bit of time. He might get a charge for that.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
One other thing to bear in mind is that Dunk refused to leave the subs/managers area and go down the tunnel for a fair bit of time. He might get a charge for that.

I doubt it - he was talking to the 4th Official, didn't look like he was arguing or anything, and didn't get force down there. Can't see it myself

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So to be clear...

1. He's had 12.
2. But as one of those was the second last night it doesn't count.
3. So, he's really on 11.
4. The next ban comes at 15, when he'll miss 3 games.

Is all that correct?

If so, with 17 games for him to play in, it feels more like "when" than "if" that long ban comes, doesn't it?

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
So to be clear...

1. He's had 12.

Is all that correct?

If so, with 17 games for him to play in, it feels more like "when" than "if" that long ban comes, doesn't it?

Yes it does. Which was the main reason why the deliberate tenth one may not have been a good idea.

What is the latest date the long ban can start? Can it include (heaven forbid) the playoffs?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes it does. Which was the main reason why the deliberate tenth one may not have been a good idea.

What is the latest date the long ban can start? Can it include (heaven forbid) the playoffs?

From what I can see (a cached version of a FA page on suspensions) there is no cut-off - it runs to the very end of the season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

That is right. It's a bit ridiculous as they both count towards the red card so it is better to get a straight red for a professional foul or handball on the line (with a one game ban) than two yellows. To me they should both be wiped off the booking count

So to clarify...is that now two yellows to count towards the 5 that will result in a 3 match ban?

So to be clear...

1. He's had 12.

Is all that correct?

From what I can see (a cached version of a FA page on suspensions) there is no cut-off - it runs to the very end of the season.

So much confusion about this, and unnecessarily so.

When a player receives two yellow cards in a match, and hence gets sent-off, NEITHER of the bookings counts towards the accumulation of yellow cards (he serves a suspension for the sending-off and THAT is the punishment for the bookings).

Dunk is still on 10 yellows in terms of the accumulation of cards towards a potential three-game ban for reaching 15 bookings in the season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So with 17 games to go we need to start planning for Dunk to miss at least 6 of them (including this weekends games against Brentford). I still expect him to get 5 more yellows this season and I am sure he will be sent off at least once more which will be a minimum of a two game ban.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
That's why I didn't agree with the deliberate late booking at Fulham. The 3 match suspension is more likely now than it would have been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here