Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's your favourite Summer Olympian, and why?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Definitely Bradley Wiggins. Four gold medals for three different disciplines and seven medals in total covering four different disciplines.

Could add another gold this year too for Olympic medals covering 16 years.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Steve Ovett - I ran around Withdean Stadium with him (and loads of other people) after his medal win in 1980. Local Legend.

Now - Probably just Wiggins, but honourable mentions to Cavendish, Ennis, Farah, Nicola Adams....
Cav is a bold choice considering he's never won an Olympic medal!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This thread is rubbish! Was expecting to come on here to find pictures of beach volleyball players and you lot are answering properly.

Very disappointed!

big hilda

Feb 13, 2013
This thread is rubbish! Was expecting to come on here to find pictures of beach volleyball players and you lot are answering properly.

Very disappointed!

This what you had i mind....

images.jpg

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Current: Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis-Hill
Past: Michael Johnson - he broke the 200m record which Usain Bolt went on to break on the night of my 18th birthday

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
fanny_crop_north.jpg

Fanny Blankers-Koen, named 'the flying housewife' on account of her winning four gold medals in 1949, whilst pregnant...amazing.:bowdown:

On a serious side, Daley Thompson grafter.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
As a child, I use to live but a few doors away from Daley Thompson.

It seemed as though I was always bumping into Sally Gunnell.

And I use to work in the same building as Kelly Holmes' management company. I often shared a lift with her. I carried her book around with me for a few weeks hoping to bump into her again, before she signed it. She even agreed to come and give a moral talk to my peers!

All that said, Katrin Krabbe is my all time favourite :love: :love:

Of the current crop, I'm a big Mo Farah fan!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
My favourite now is Jessica Ennis-Hill as she is a great role model for girls.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Another here who *ahem* admired Katrin Krabbe in my youth. She was like Claudia Schiffer in running spikes, and a wholesome nursery school teacher, to boot. With her all-round image, had she been born 20 years later, she'd have been THE Nike pin-up, and would have made MILLIONS*

*Unless WADA scuppered it all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As for now, on the athletics front, I'm a big fan of the hugely likeable Dafne Schippers, and much as Jess Ennis is incredible, am rooting for the very talented and very lovely Katarina Jonson-Thompson in their event.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another here who *ahem* admired Katrin Krabbe in my youth. She was like Claudia Schiffer in running spikes, and a wholesome nursery school teacher, to boot. With her all-round image, had she been born 20 years later, she'd have been THE Nike pin-up, and would have made MILLIONS*

*Unless WADA scuppered it all.
Clearly Fräulein Krabbe would have had a fair few admirers in her day, but I'm genuinely surprised that a fair few of us still hold her in such high regard.

maybe not that surprised. :lol:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Ben Proud,freestyle 50 metre swimmer mainly because his mother is a friend of mine and his family customers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here