Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any STH's in Guildford?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I never realised until I just checked how long it took to get from Farnham to Guildford by train for such a short distance.

Saturdays appear to be 20 minute longer journeys than at any other time of week! It is possible to avoid going via Woking though by getting off at Ash Vale and walking up Lysons Avenue to North Camp - doesn't necessarily cut anything off the journey time mind you!

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Hi - as per previous posts, there is a coach from Woking that runs via Guildford, Horsham, Henfield and various points in-between. I get it every home game with between 4 - 6 others, by far the easiest way to get to (and away from) the Amex. PM me if you want more details - there are plenty of us living in darkest Surrey!

Going off track a bit. Did you lose your log in details for nearly 3 years?

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Going off track a bit. Did you lose your log in details for nearly 3 years?

Good question. I think I registered initially to use the ticket exchange, didn’t visit the board for a while but might start to post a bit. This is fascinating time to be an Albion supporter.

So expect my post count to have reached about 10 by the end of 2017!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Are there any NSCers who are season ticket holders in Guildford/surrounding area who travel to every/the majority of home games?

I moved to Uni in Guildford in September, and so far I have just been getting the train to matches on my own to meet my Dad.

Does anybody else travel to matches from Guildford on the train or drive who would like to meet up and/or travel together? It would great to meet some fellow Albion fans living up here :)

Feel free to PM me :)

Cheers!

Good luck at Surrey - what are you studying? I did Engineering with Industrial Management there - but graduated in 1990 :(

Where on earth has the time gone?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
My son gets picked up at Worpleson in a coach .It is run by Seagull Travel at Lancing. He used to drive down bit he can relax on the coach. It then picks up in Guildford and Horsham.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I had my pub in Guildford, now flats, I didnt use trains but assumed that Guildford or Woking was like the Clapham Junction of Surrey and everything went through there.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You also see a lot of Chelsea tracksuits around Merrist Wood College, presumably to do with the education aspects of the Chelsea's academy.

Yes. I should imagine that is exactly why a bunch of footballers are hanging around Sixth Form college girls. No question.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Post no 8 was posted while I was typing no 9 so obviously just beat me to the send button.

This is true. No bad re your grandad's post Ben. This person about a day later on the other hand...

Joking can do one,why pissed off [Woking FC]?The locals watch people going off to London Clubs every weekend.

...is a different matter. Still, that's what one expects off an Aldershit Towner, *sigh*

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
When I had my pub in Guildford, now flats, I didnt use trains but assumed that Guildford or Woking was like the Clapham Junction of Surrey and everything went through there.

Indeed. Everything from London to Soton/Pompey/Bmuff/Exeter from Waterloo, let alone the commuters, stops at Woking. It is, I guess, the South West Trains trains equivalent of East Croydon (in that some trains are slow, some fast, but most everything goes through and/or requires a change there).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here