Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Another Problem

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have a Hotpoint Ultimate Cooker with fan assisted oven and the fan needed replacing. We bought one from E Spares and son fitted it. However it doesnt work so son wants to check the wiring is correct. Anybody know how I can obtain or down load a wiring diagram or would standard electrician be able to find the problem? E spares do not have them so suggested I contact Hotpoint who were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Hot point say that is not available but they will send an engineer out the cost being £135.

I have tried google but my PC will not allow any of the sites to be accessible.

Any advice would be gratefully received as again google has mixed reaction and views as to whether the oven can be used with the fan not working.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We have a Hotpoint Ultimate Cooker with fan assisted oven and the fan needed replacing. We bought one from E Spares and son fitted it. However it doesnt work so son wants to check the wiring is correct. Anybody know how I can obtain or down load a wiring diagram or would standard electrician be able to find the problem? E spares do not have them so suggested I contact Hotpoint who were as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Hot point say that is not available but they will send an engineer out the cost being £135.

Any advice would be gratefully received as again google has mixed reaction and views as to whether the oven can be used with the fan not working.

Just a thought but wouldn't a Corgi registered fitter be able to help?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sounds like you've brought a fan for a Hotpoint Ulimate Cooker rather than the required Hotpoint Ultimata Cooker fan

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Stop doing it on the cheap. Your son obviously isn't up to the task. Pay a professional.

This.

However, before you went out and bought a new fan, did you put your voltage tester across the fan-connector terminals to establish if it was a supply failure or a fan failure?
[yes I know you've confirmed the cooker heating element is working]

You really ought to be old enough now to know the truth in the saying: "Yer pays for yer learning!"
Trying to fix some things yourself these days is "false economy".

Oh, last point, is your son a qualified electrician?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
£135 is nothing in this day and age for peace of mind

It is to a pensioner. Son took a photo before removing the old one and then put the wires back as they were but wanted to check via wiring diagram that he hadnt put one on wrong. His mate is an electrician and he is coming to have a look hence my asking would a standard electrician be able to sort out the fault, with the meters he has available to use.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Eh ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here