Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tinpot Ultras....

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Well......
I’ve seen worse and I much prefer that to the squeaky clean , shiny, corporate business excuse we now call football.
I hate palace, right back to when Mullers started it all in the early 70’s. However, I miss that atmosphere that they try and create. Don’t like “Ultras”, “Firms” whatever you want to call them, but I do really miss that adrenaline rush I used to get walking past the away end at the Goldstone, giving it loads, the simple “Rush” match days gave me.
I understand a lot of the newer fans and some of the oldies who frequented the old West stand will disagree, but those who stood in the North and South not forgetting my place in the East next to the run may just get what I mean.

Nondescript Nick

May 19, 2017
I kind of agree with you. Personally I think if they want to organise, create noise, displays, then that is a good thing.

The problem with them is, they are SO bad at it.

Is there not a single person in that group with ANY kind of creative flair? You can knock up good design on your phone these days. They seem to be stuck in the days of WH Smith's letrasets.
Like I said, I don't understand why they receive so much hate. You say they're 'so bad' at what they do - essentially what they do is support their team, and they're a hell of a lot 'better' at that than many.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
[MENTION=5252]wigman[/MENTION] was being deliciously ironic - love it!

I fear you've been taken in by the rhetoric of fiction deployed by that lot up the road. Whilst they may be sincere in their beliefs, they are somewhat deluded in thinking that they are the proud defenders of ancient rites, a bastion against the intrusion of a footballing plutocracy, standard-bearers for the one true faith rooted in working-class culture. The Nigelic metanarrative is readily punctured when one considers its enthymemetic weaknesses through a rhetorical deconstruction and postmodern analysis of the phrase 'against modern football'. This is best demonstrated using the following rhetorical syllogism ...

1. We don't have a pot to piss in
  2. Modern football is something we can't afford
  3. We are therefore against modern football

The assertion of noble values is thus exposed as a fictive veneer concealing the acute social embarrassment of hailing from SE25. The ideological underpinnings of Nigelism are in fact class envy.

It is further noted that the hooded tribe of spotty adolescents readily adopts behaviours quintessentially alien to the working class culture they so desperately profess to cherish. Nigelism does in fact stand condemned by itself.

@Wagman pithily, wittily and cuttingly pulled the pin out of the Nigelic grenade and tossed it back. :bowdown:

For my part, I fear I may have imbibed too deeply this evening and overindulged in a prolix (and lame) parody of the deliciously named critical theorist Homi Bhabha (I wish I had that surname). Forgive me :shootself:

Swallowed a dictionary have we?

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
A group of fans creating amazing atmosphere recognised by just about everyone in football bar Brighton fans. Who would have thought it. They old green eyed monster ay.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A group of fans creating amazing atmosphere recognised by just about everyone in football bar Brighton fans. Who would have thought it. They old green eyed monster ay.
Exactly how it should be.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Like I said, I don't understand why they receive so much hate. You say they're 'so bad' at what they do - essentially what they do is support their team, and they're a hell of a lot 'better' at that than many.

How did you feel about Palace being 10 minutes away from Europe in the FA Cup against 10 men and throwing it away? As a BHA fan I imagine you were ecstatic...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
**** off you dickhead

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
:ffsparr:

ALL and I really do mean ALL of the Palace fans I know find them as embarrassing as we do.

Oh and hows that AMAZING atmosphere working out for you?? http://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england

All the palaces Fans i know quote again, like seriously if anyone believes that football foundation less bollocks. Depends what you mean. Does every palace fan feel connected to their anti establishment element No. does 99% of palace fans feel they have massively contributed to us being revered for the atmosphere at Selhurst park, of course. You’ll never get it or get to our level so don’t let it bother you so much

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
How did you feel about Palace being 10 minutes away from Europe in the FA Cup against 10 men and throwing it away? As a BHA fan I imagine you were ecstatic...

Yeah pretty bad. I would hazard a guess similar to how you may have felt when Wilf turned up at the Amex in the play offs.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
All the palaces Fans i know quote again, like seriously if anyone believes that football foundation less bollocks. Depends what you mean. Does every palace fan feel connected to their anti establishment element No. does 99% of palace fans feel they have massively contributed to us being revered for the atmosphere at Selhurst park, of course. You’ll never get it or get to our level so don’t let it bother you so much
I certainly hope that, after as long in the Premier League as you have had, we are not at your level.

If only your cool ultras had a forum you could post on.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Two bob c@nts?

And yet still..

It’s just the natural order of things. Palace and Brighton are like two brothers one big and strong the other just short and mediocre.
As try as you might you’ll never be able to quite get there. Always will be inferior. Weak even.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here