Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
what a great ride today guys- Thanks to Tricky for plotting the route- great ride, great company- looking forward to the next one, I will post the relive video once its available

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Looks like you had a great ride. Shame I didn't make it, I had planned to but decided pretty much last minute to do a TT for the first time in a few years. Next time...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
https://www.relive.cc/view/724706769
Here is the relive video of the NSC ride yesterday, I think these little vids are great as you get a much better idea of the route and distance than you do lookingat just the strava maps

That's rather good. Just waiting for the Imlach talk through and it's ready for airing. Think the steam engine thingy might need to end up on the cutting room floor though.

Looks like a nice ride. Glad you all had a good day.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Anyone participate in the Sussex100 yesterday? What were your thoughts on organisation and routes?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
https://www.relive.cc/view/724706769
Here is the relive video of the NSC ride yesterday, I think these little vids are great as you get a much better idea of the route and distance than you do lookingat just the strava maps

That's rather good. Just waiting for the Imlach talk through and it's ready for airing. Think the steam engine thingy might need to end up on the cutting room floor though.

Looks like a nice ride. Glad you all had a good day.

Thanks for that [MENTION=33955]nickbrighton[/MENTION], it does help you appreciate the ride better than the standard Strava map.
[MENTION=10856]1066familyman[/MENTION] the steam engine has to stay as it is a reference to me trying to keep uip with the peloton on the climbs.

Great day out all round & thanks to [MENTION=12665]TrickyOne[/MENTION] for organising it.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Aldi have loads of good stuff in store from today. I got merono socks and a merino base layer, and a fantastic front light for only £12.99.

They've got winter jackets, bib tights, bike stands, track pumps - all extremely well priced.

Be quick though, when it's gone, it's gone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aldi have loads of good stuff in store from today. I got merono socks and a merino base layer, and a fantastic front light for only £12.99.

They've got winter jackets, bib tights, bike stands, track pumps - all extremely well priced.

One does not have an Aldi in ones village.
One much prefers to not be able to afford to shop at the Waitrose.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I bought my first winter jacket from Aldi. Never again. It's not breathable in the slightest unfortunately. Ended up getting a lovely 2nd hand Mavic Echappee off of Ebay instead and that's a pleasure to wear.

Having said that, all the other cycling gear I've bought from Aldi, and Lidl, has been fine and really good value for money.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I bought my first winter jacket from Aldi. Never again. It's not breathable in the slightest unfortunately. Ended up getting a lovely 2nd hand Mavic Echappee off of Ebay instead and that's a pleasure to wear.

Having said that, all the other cycling gear I've bought from Aldi, and Lidl, has been fine and really good value for money.

Thanks for that - was considering buying one for 'er indoors, but won't take the risk now. They looked and felt good, though.

The merino base layers are really lovely.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Aldi have loads of good stuff in store from today. I got a fantastic front light for only £12.99.

Spooky. Me too. My Cateye messed about one time too many. The Aldi one is gonna be back up to the one SB recommended.

Them jackets were too snug for me but the £30 jersey seemed pretty decent value too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here