Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton owned by Puel

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I’ve said it before and ill say it again its time to bring back DEAN WILKINS he had a 100% record with Saints to as well as SEVENTH under Dick Tight so say yes to the return of the south coast savouryier

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This was never going to be an easy game. For me the sending off, a soft one at that, and our inability to make it count prior to half time gave the Foxes a perfect opportunity to come out fighting in the second half. From the recent tragedy has come a steeliness and resolve in their play not seen since their remarkable 'champions' season. It's important to remember that out of the ashes and tragedy of the Shoreham disaster came a togetherness and determination that partially contributed to our eventual progression into this division. This season will be one where Leicester continue to defy the odds, much like today, because they are fighting for much more than professional pride. Sure Chris might have got it wrong, if indeed we were that bad? Or was it that they just got much better? succeeding against the odds, and doing their late chairman proud.

Had they not been reduced to ten men, in such a way, it is entirely possible they wouldn't have fought quite so hard to see justice done. Psychology is a complex thing, and right now they are still hurting and, as such, very dangerous.

This was not a good time to play them - as such a point is actually not a bad result.

I too remain frustrated with the tactics, and the flat performances but today was way more complex than it perhaps appeared on the pitch.

Ah well :/

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
We will tear up the premier league....blimey. Can I some of the stuff you are on please?

LOL yeah ok I am a bit of an optimist!

But remember, it is not that long ago that Manchester City were in the lower leagues with Paul Dikov leading their front line. Things can change and as long as we continue to progress, we really could start competing with the top clubs (IMHO of course)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Puel is Puel, he's just French eye candy!
Hughton is Hughton, his job is to keep us in the PL.
Why start comparing managerial styles, when most fans know that they are different.
We should've gone for the jugular today, but ended up with a point, which is better than nowt.
I'm guessing CH browses NSC from time to time, and probably pisses himself when seeing some of the comments on here.
We are not Man City, and never will be, consider it a well earnt privilege to be where we are.
Team Hughton :albion2:

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
15 points from 13 games in the premier league. Last season we lost at home to Leicester - this season we draw (yeah we should have won but ah well).

I simply dont get the negativity around our Chris. He sets up to make the best of what we have. More often than not he gets it right (with what we have) but sometimes we come up a little short.

Yes he could have taken limping Murray off a little sooner but mostly the players just made poor decisions in the final third today. I am sure that on Monday, that will get looked and the players will learn and get better.

Chris Hughton is the best manager we've ever had. When he has the players at his disposal to tear up the league we are in - we will tear up that league (he did for us in the championship remember?).

For Christ sake people get a grip and stick together - it is what got us this far in the first place!

Whilst he sets up with what we have, its remarkable that we can play one half fairly well and a second half so poorly, until the final ten minutes, this is not a one off performance. Regarding the best manager we have ever had, were you not around when we first went to the first division. Alan Mullery and his team were a joy to watch, took on and beat top teams, you make a big statement.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I strongly suspect that if Hughton had a player of Jamie Vardy’s calibre to bring off the bench, we’d have won that comfortably. Maybe he will one day if we can stay up for several seasons.

Very good first half, poor second half that exposed our weakness so far this season - our quickest attacking players’ inability to make the most of promising situations.

Maybe we do in Connolly

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Far too predictable far too negative, really ****ing frustrating. There's tickets available for every away game now, no need for points. Second season syndrome not the reason but the totally restrictive way we play. Today showed that to the extreme.

Awful effort from Hughton.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This was never going to be an easy game. For me the sending off, a soft one at that, and our inability to make it count prior to half time gave the Foxes a perfect opportunity to come out fighting in the second half. From the recent tragedy has come a steeliness and resolve in their play not seen since their remarkable 'champions' season. It's important to remember that out of the ashes and tragedy of the Shoreham disaster came a togetherness and determination that partially contributed to our eventual progression into this division. This season will be one where Leicester continue to defy the odds, much like today, because they are fighting for much more than professional pride. Sure Chris might have got it wrong, if indeed we were that bad? Or was it that they just got much better? succeeding against the odds, and doing their late chairman proud.

Had they not been reduced to ten men, in such a way, it is entirely possible they wouldn't have fought quite so hard to see justice done. Psychology is a complex thing, and right now they are still hurting and, as such, very dangerous.

This was not a good time to play them - as such a point is actually not a bad result.

I too remain frustrated with the tactics, and the flat performances but today was way more complex than it perhaps appeared on the pitch.

Ah well :/
Soft sending off ?

It was two yellows. One for a blatant foul and another for a clear dive.

Watch MOTD :)

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Soft sending off ?

It was two yellows. One for a blatant foul and another for a clear dive.

Watch MOTD :)

I simply meant, getting sent off for diving is really, really soft almost (dare I say) crown green bowls soft? That's all. That and they'll have been in the dressing room, all like: "Madders mate, that was NEVER a dive... yeah Madds it's an f'ing disgrace..."Vards... get yer boots on..."

"Sacrebleu..."

"Yeah boss."

"Tactical genius boss..."

etc.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Puel sacked at Southampton for ‘boring negative football.’

Was it the team or the manager I wonder!? Can only be the manager....right!?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Vardy changed the game. We were looking comfortable but after he came on we were all over the place.

The disarray started before Vardy came on.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Nice choice of words teenager. Edit your post and I'll edit this quote.

I apologise, poor choice of words. I really don't think insulting me and making 'implied' threats is a nice thing to do though is it? I'd like an apology. :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I apologise, poor choice of words. I really don't think insulting me and making 'implied' threats is a nice thing to do though is it? I'd like an apology. :)
Can't be bothered to edit now.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Can't be bothered to edit now.

That's fine. I think anyone who knows me, is acutely aware that I'm very, very liberal and open minded. Hence my changing of my original post. I certainly meant no offence to anyone... A slip of the old keyboard, in an unforgiving and pre judgemental world.

It must be great to be soooo perfect, and 100% right about everything.

Yeah, you're so 'right on' it hurts :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here