[TV] No Question Time Thread ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Explosive stuff!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Completely different angle on the Brexit debate tonight.

In, out, out, in, in, out, peoples vote, in, out, election, in, in, peoples vote, austerity, out, no deal better than bad deal, bad deal better no deal, out, in,in, out.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Only the Plaid Cymru person came out of that with any credit. A blood bath full of sacrificial lambs who you’d not want to represent your views or your country ever.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Early on Clare Perry accused Dimbleby of sexism, and it went downhill from there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
“Why can’t you all just work together in the nations interest?”

(Er, where have you been...Mars?)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
“Why can’t you all just work together in the nations interest?”

a brilliant question that misses that not everyone agrees on what the national interests are.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Completely different angle on the Brexit debate tonight.

In, out, out, in, in, out, peoples vote, in, out, election, in, in, peoples vote, austerity, out, no deal better than bad deal, bad deal better no deal, out, in,in, out.
Same shit different day was invented for this programme

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Claire Perry COMPLETELY lost her shit last night. "I know you don't like women speaking, David" - EH ? He took exception to that, and rightly so.

Then the RANT at Barry Gardiner, calling Corbyn an "anti-Semite who wants the Royal Family dissolved" - yikes. I think the Labour lawyers might be looking at that little outburst. She actually lost control of her mouth for a minute after that and started mispronouncing simple words, she was clearly rattled. I nearly spat my drink out when she blurted "this draft delivers the brexit that everyone wants". :facepalm:

Jesus.

Jan 30, 2008
Claire Perry COMPLETELY lost her shit last night. "I know you don't like women speaking, David" - EH ? He took exception to that, and rightly so.

Then the RANT at Barry Gardiner, calling Corbyn an "anti-Semite who wants the Royal Family dissolved" - yikes. I think the Labour lawyers might be looking at that little outburst. She actually lost control of her mouth for a minute after that and started mispronouncing simple words, she was clearly rattled. I nearly spat my drink out when she blurted "this draft delivers the brexit that everyone wants". :facepalm:

Jesus.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/9...oyal-Family-Commonwealth-Queen-Prince-Charles maybe a start?
caught the back end of the programme , good to see people giving out a few home truths
regards
DR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Jan 30, 2008
It was more the anti-Semite slur that caused a stir. Surprised Dimbles didn't pick her up on it tbh, it wasn't even remotely relevant to what they were debating. Just a cheap bit of mudslinging on her part that Gardiner (to his credit) didn't rise to.
All in the heat of the moment , maybe they had a cuddle and made up off air ?
regards
DR

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It was more the anti-Semite slur that caused a stir. Surprised Dimbles didn't pick her up on it tbh, it wasn't even remotely relevant to what they were debating. Just a cheap bit of mudslinging on her part that Gardiner (to his credit) didn't rise to.

I'm amazed he didn't as by not dissociating the programme from her views I believe he made the BBC liable to a defamation action. My knowledge of media law is a little shaky in the area of broadcast but I think that, as Question Time goes out with a slight delay, it counts as a recorded programme and is therefore subject to the same laws as newspapers. The Labour Party lawyers should certainly be demanding a retraction from Claire Perry.

As for the programme itself, the sooner Dimbleby retires, the better. The panellists were hopeless. Perry attacked Barry Gardiner for interrupting her then proceeded to do the same to all the other panellists herself. Gardiner was stumbling and long-winded. The audience were the usual argument against democracy.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm amazed he didn't as by not dissociating the programme from her views I believe he made the BBC liable to a defamation action. My knowledge of media law is a little shaky in the area of broadcast but I think that, as Question Time goes out with a slight delay, it counts as a recorded programme and is therefore subject to the same laws as newspapers. The Labour Party lawyers should certainly be demanding a retraction from Claire Perry.

As for the programme itself, the sooner Dimbleby retires, the better. The panellists were hopeless. Perry attacked Barry Gardiner for interrupting her then proceeded to do the same to all the other panellists herself. Gardiner was stumbling and long-winded. The audience were the usual argument against democracy.
[MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here