Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Seems odd that you Nigels haven't asked Charlton, Millwall or Fulham if you can borrow their ground whilst you do exactly that. Still, I can't wait for this shambles to unfold. It'll be massively over budget and will make the rest of the ground look even more terrible.
The best description of it was by [MENTION=827]fosters headband[/MENTION] . A disgusting old toilet with a new seat on it. Lift the lid and the uncleaned, turd encrusted rankness is revealed.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Seems odd that you NigeLLLLLLLs haven't asked Charlton, Millwall or Fulham if you can borrow their ground whilst you do exactly that.

It seems odd that you think ground sharing wasn’t considered.

I have no idea why it was discounted but there may be a clue in that all of the clubs you mentioned are in the EFL which means their regulations - specifically Section 4, points 13.5.1 and 13.5.2 - would preclude a Premier League club, subjected to all the match rescheduling demands of Sky, sharing their grounds.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can someone bring me up to date please. At their home game the other night, was "black hoody corner" filled with hoody-less normal fans without a drum?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can someone bring me up to date please. At their home game the other night, was "black hoody corner" filled with hoody-less normal fans without a drum?

Yes. Along with some Liverpool fans apparently.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

[tweet]1031611690381651968[/tweet]

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
One of the biggest additional costs is that the stand is going to continue to be used during construction, similar to the approach Liverpool took with their building of their new Main Stand.

It would be far cheaper to just knock it down and rebuild in one hit.

Or better (and cheaper) still, just knock the whole ground down and don’t bother rebuilding it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sounds like the United Nations should step in.

5yearplan.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

The thing is a lot of the same faces but now just dressed as palace fans, so no black hoodies. And there were no Liverpool fans in that corner or that I could see in any area except the away end. That’s not to say there went any but if there were they kept themselves to themselves, which is ok with me as I’ve sat in home ends at many grounds and just behaved myself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems odd that you Nigels haven't asked Charlton, Millwall or Fulham if you can borrow their ground whilst you do exactly that. Still, I can't wait for this shambles to unfold. It'll be massively over budget and will make the rest of the ground look even more terrible.

Or Wimbledon....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can somebody please explain something to me.

If the Always didn't renew their seats, expecting to be moved behind the goal.
Surely CPFC offered the Always seats up to those next in line on their Season Ticket waiting list.
Therefore, as with the AMEX, it would now be impossible to relocate 20-30 fans together, due to their high capacity of S/T uptake.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Surely CPFC offered the Always seats up to those next in line on their Season Ticket waiting list.
Therefore, as with the AMEX, it would now be impossible to relocate 20-30 fans together, due to their high capacity of S/T uptake.

Palace - waiting list? :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

:lolol:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'd just let [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] act as an arbitrator. His unfailing diplomacy and ability to stick to the subject at hand should be invaluable.

Good idea. When I draw up the agreement, perhaps you could help me with the spelling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What ... What ... What's so funny? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here