Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best atmosphere EVER at the Amex

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think the fact that we were starting the game having to retrive a 2-0 deficit just gave the night a whole different feeling. There was a desperation before a ball had been kicked, a knowledge that our backs were to the wall right from the off, we were in a desperate position we needed to retrieve as quickly as possible. That just led to such an incredible fervour that was positively tumbling down the stands and onto the pitch.

I can tell you, when Dunk scored, I was convinced we were going to do it. Convinced. I guess you have to give Wednesday some modicum of credit for surviving, but I can only give it grudgingly because they were so fcking LUCKY over those 2 ties (having finished FIFTEEN points adrift of us). Absolutely everything that could go their way, went their way. From the freakish injuries, the woodwork, the saves the missed chances. They bumbled their way past us, and that hurts. But by christ I am proud of our team.

Totally agree. On a massive scale, it was like Wednesday away where, after the 4th injury, everyone was desperate to help somehow and give the players just that little bit extra. Let's hope it sinks in with the persistent moaners that getting behind the team instead of needing someone to slag off every game really does make a difference....

As for Wednesday, sick of their fans' 'big club' attitude of entitlement and utter refusal to acknowledge that Albion going down to 10 men for half an hour up there might just have helped them a tiny bit. Oh, that and the post plus yet another dodgy refereeing decision at an important time. I hope they get absolutely humiliated at Wembley to show them up for the 6th placed team they are - so we can set the record straight next season.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
My ears are still ringing - incredible noise in the WSU. And I agree - the defiant chants of Albion when our race was run was an emotional moment.

Some nice lines in the match reports from last night:

"Poor Brighton. They were simply stunning in that first half, a relentless attacking force of nature. On another day they’d have scored the goals they needed. But the luck wasn’t with them - witness all those injuries, Hooper’s cheeky shove on Dunk, Knockaert’s brilliant free kick hitting the inside of the post yet staying out - and once again it isn’t to be their year. The Championship can be proud of them. They would have graced the Premier League"

"A video of their best moments had been played on the big screen and, with just about every home fan inside the Amex Stadium waving their blue and white flags while singing a stirring rendition of ‘Good Old Sussex By The Sea’, the atmosphere was electrifying. It was matched by Brighton’s start, with Knockaert beginning like he was intent on personally overturning the two goal deficit inside the first 20 minutes"

Good atmosphere but got to be careful of getting instructed to support the team,not sure the club understand what creates atmosphere,flags and a g up from TB helped but turning up the pa to 11? Lets hope last night will help a organic build up of better atmosphere in the future. A larger home end with a younger age group along with more sympathetic stewarding would go a long way to achieve this.We need gosbts to be revamped to make it easier for the whole stadium to belt it out(not changing the words,adding a longer chorus or lead in) Apart from that well done to all who took part in a cracking occasion last night:clap2:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Incredible atmosphere and night despite the result. Even Southern Railways weren't too bad for me either.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
The atmosphere and performance is the reason I have enjoyed tonight and do not feel the slightest bit of sadness. They turned up and so did we. Who can stop us next season after that?

Agree provided we can

A) keep our squad together
B) buy a top quality striker in the region of £5-10M as we lacked more than 1 fully fit decent striker this season (and we stayed down due to not scoring 2 more goals!)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
What **** put on Chumbawamba 60 seconds after the final whistle blew, drowning out heartfelt applause and singing towards the heroic efforts of the team.

Otherwise a brilliant night atmosphere wise.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
As for Wednesday, sick of their fans' 'big club' attitude of entitlement and utter refusal to acknowledge that Albion going down to 10 men for half an hour up there might just have helped them a tiny bit. Oh, that and the post plus yet another dodgy refereeing decision at an important time. I hope they get absolutely humiliated at Wembley to show them up for the 6th placed team they are - so we can set the record straight next season.

And the way they clapped the attendance as if it was unusual after they has 12K more than their season average on Friday

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Fantastic night apart from the Result, the North stand was rocking. Best atmosphere i have been to at the Amex. If we could have that every week it would be mind blowing.

07May2016

Apr 8, 2016
Sorry to break up the fan love in, but you couldn't sell out your ground for a playoff semi final second leg? Yep great support

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've started a thread on this, but can someone please embed the interview that David Blunkett gave on the 8.25 Sports Desk on the Today programme. Easy 10 has summed things up perfectly, but if you really want to capture what we witnessed and participated in last night, listen to a Sheff Wed fan.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Completely agree, and I feel that if we played with that tempo and drive every game we'd probably experience this sort of atmosphere from the stands more often too. Proud to be an Albion fan tonight.

Exactly. It takes two to tango. The fans were up for the game and provided superb support. The players were up for the game and provided incredible entertainment for the first 45 mins. You need both in order to keep the momentum going. Best atmosphere I've experienced at the Amex. Only game that came close was the opening fixture against Doncaster.

Looking on the plus side, at least we have something positive to set our sights on for next season, promotion. If we had made it to the Prem our aim would merely have been to avoid relegation and we would probably have had numerous embarrassing thumping defeats to look forward to.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've started a thread on this, but can someone please embed the interview that David Blunkett gave on the 8.25 Sports Desk on the Today programme. Easy 10 has summed things up perfectly, but if you really want to capture what we witnessed and participated in last night, listen to a Sheff Wed fan.

Yeah he was totally gushing wasn't he.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sorry to break up the fan love in, but you couldn't sell out your ground for a playoff semi final second leg? Yep great support
Check the history of Championship play off semi-final crowds for teams that have been in them several times and then wind your neck in. Given the repeated disappointments we have had as a crowd then our show of support last night was magnificent.

Everyone loves their own club but we have special reasons to be proud of ours.

We go again.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I couldnt hear the person talking next to me in East Upper !

Great effort by all the stands, it can be done !

Voice has gone :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here