Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Train Timetables Monday

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For us long suffering commuters.

Are we all set?

In theory my journey should be quicker but who knows.....

If you can find a train, possibly. Most routes seem to have less trains.

I'd imagine the 1st week will be a mess as drivers get used to different routes, times etc.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm really looking forward to it. If it works. I commute Brighton to Victoria, currently using the 06:30 up and the 18:00 down. If the new timetable works, I can get the 06:44 up and still get to work at the same time, and the 17:59 gets back to Brighton 10 minutes earlier than the current 18:00

I do feel sorry for commuters from intermediate stations though, as their service looks to have deteriorated.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm really looking forward to it. If it works. I commute Brighton to Victoria, currently using the 06:30 up and the 18:00 down. If the new timetable works, I can get the 06:44 up and still get to work at the same time, and the 17:59 gets back to Brighton 10 minutes earlier than the current 18:00

I do feel sorry for commuters from intermediate stations though, as their service looks to have deteriorated.

I'd say that Brighton to London (and stops along that line) commuters are the winners from this. It's the West and East coast service (Littlehampton & Eastbourne / Hastings) that will lose out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you can find a train, possibly. Most routes seem to have less trains.

I'd imagine the 1st week will be a mess as drivers get used to different routes, times etc.

Noooo...service looks massively better (on paper) to me from my 'intermediate' station. Going from 2 trains an hour in the morning to 4, and all quite a bit quicker. More options coming home as well, and again trains are scheduled to be faster. Monday will be total carnage though as they get used to operating the new timetable

Just waiting now for the inevitable fare increases that will be 'justified' by the 'better service'

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'd say that Brighton to London (and stops along that line) commuters are the winners from this. It's the West and East coast service (Littlehampton & Eastbourne / Hastings) that will lose out.

Fair enough, I hadn't looked at those I must admit. My assumption was based on the GatExp services to and from Brighton & Victoria having fewer stops.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fair enough, I hadn't looked at those I must admit. My assumption was based on the GatExp services to and from Brighton & Victoria having fewer stops.

The Association of British Commuters on twitter ran a poll, and 91% of the respondents were getting a reduced service from Monday. Not quite scientific I know.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012

Unless you want to get off at clapham junction on which case you have to change at east croydon ffs. Luckily i commute from hove & they all stop there.

I've been getting the 8.08 for about 8 yrs. & its changed to the 08.21 - oh well

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
More trains for me, slightly better times and some missing out London Road too so quicker journey.

Assuming it will be a mess for a few days whilst trains get in the right place.

I'm generally happy.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's kinda like everyone sat down at the meeting at 09.34 am , the chairman opened with his year long study speech of " East and West Lines can do one lets just concentrate on the moneyline i mean mainline , everyone said Yay ! meeting closed at 09.35 for refreshments .

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
So my comfy 08.52 from hove commute with 8 carriages has turned into a crammed 4 carriage which joins up with 4 more at haywards heath.

Southern fail

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My 740 got changed to a 739. This arrived 6 minutes late, got further and further behind schedule, then I realised it takes an additional stop. All in all, got there about 25 minutes later than usual despite being scheduled to leave a minute earlier.

Typical train bollocks as far as I'm concerned. Who'd have thought they'd make a mess of it eh?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Declassified 1st class due to overcrowding- what vould have gone wrong? Let me think. 2 x 8 carriage trains converted into 2 x 4 carriage which picks up gatwick airports red eye arrivals.. genius

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
More trains for me, slightly better times and some missing out London Road too so quicker journey.

Assuming it will be a mess for a few days whilst trains get in the right place.

I'm generally happy.

Whilst realising that the job of a postman isn't quite what it was, l l feel that delivering mail by train is more than a little lazy.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Couldn't be happier - train is ten minutes earlier, but is quicker, and turned up three minutes early this morning and was deserted. Far better than standing for 40 mins like I used to have to do 3-4 days a week.

Far more direct trains going home in the evening as well.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Brighton to London terminals (not CJ) seems to be the main beneficiary and the Coastway Lines seem to have lost out as quite frankly the company has never seemed interested in them.

I'm fortunate that my journey is not disrupted too much although I know have an increased 21 minute wait at Gatwick to make my connection rather than a less tiresome 10. sadly thanks to GWR changing their timetable I'm in work 10 minutes late now despite the GX element being speedier at the beginning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here