Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is LD the most successful home grown player we’ve ever had before leaving club? Perhaps Peter OS had more Div 1 appearances but was he home grown?

Think LD must be, can’t think of anyone else who we’ve produced and has gone on to play almost a full season in top flight - anyone?

Take a bow Lewis regardless, you’re top drawer.
Gary Stevens did pretty well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good call. Forgot about him, stupidly. Was he a home grown though or as good as?

It’s debatable, according to Wikipedia he was a schoolboy at Ipswich before Brighton.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Good call. Forgot about him, stupidly. Was he a home grown though or as good as?

It’s debatable, according to Wikipedia he was a schoolboy at Ipswich before Brighton.

Do you consider Solly March home-grown? If so, Gary Stevens is - he joined the club early in the first year of his apprenticeship, a couple of months earlier than Solly March joined the club (in the first year of his scholarship).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Do you consider Solly March home-grown? If so, Gary Stevens is - he joined the club early in the first year of his apprenticeship, a couple of months earlier than Solly March joined the club (in the first year of his scholarship).

I do, but Sollys not had anywhere near as many top flight appearances as LD or, GS, as other posters have pointed out

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I do, but Sollys not had anywhere near as many top flight appearances as LD or, GS, as other posters have pointed out

I wasn't passing comment on that, only whether Gary Stevens would be considered home-grown or not. Seeing as you have now confirmed that you consider Solly March as being home-grown, you would have to consider Gary Stevens as also being home-grown (as he actually joined the club a couple of months earlier than Solly March did).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I wasn't passing comment on that, only whether Gary Stevens would be considered home-grown or not. Seeing as you have now confirmed that you consider Solly March as being home-grown, you would have to consider Gary Stevens as also being home-grown (as he actually joined the club a couple of months earlier than Solly March did).
Sorry, yes, Comsider GS home grown,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fair enough.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Been an immense pleasure watching Lewis represent us in League 1, The Championship and now The Premier League.
Now the most centre back I've seen in the stripes, narrowly overtaking Matt Upson.
Will enjoy his last two performances and wish him the very best for the future.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why are people so convinced he is leaving

Because he's worth millions and millions. I'm not sure he could do it elsewhere though. I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Thanks Dunky. Albion Legend.

larus

If he goes, when he comes back as the opposition, he's guaranteed a warm welcome though.

I don't want him to go, but I sure wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity.

Please stay Lewis, but if you go, make sure it's a big club.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He really is the complete defender. He is such a class act, strong, tenacious and a beast in the air who also enjoys a mazy dribble or a pinpoint 30 yard pass. He's unbelievably good. So glad he's one of our own. He will captain England, just a matter of time IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here