Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Lucas will hold the seat, just 1 out of 650. She's now the established well known name on the ballot paper, with a sizeable support in a city which prides itself on being politically irrelevant.

Her single seat with Labour's 175, SNP's 60 and Lib Dems 30, will hold little sway. Besides, the SNP and Labour despise each other.

That's some progressive 'alliance'. :lol:

Weststander I couldn't help myself. :lolol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
37% on here for the Tories. Par vote for them. Similar to what they would get nationally I'd say (though it may be a bit more since UKIP is over) and under our ludicrous electoral system enough for a majority again. If Labour, Lib Dems and Greens had any sense they'd select the candidate with the best chance and stand one candidate between them in every Tory marginal. But they haven't. Political tribalism is old fashioned and Corbyn is way out of line rejecting a progressive alliance. A lot of people are taking no notice of him on that...but not enough. There should be no Labour candidate against Caroline and no Green in Kemptown. But there will be. Ludicrously biased press on one side, pathetically split opposition on the other. Bollocks.

"37% on here for the Tories."
I am surprised there are that many on here to be honest, considering the political leaning of the board.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poor old Jeremy, even the BBC's joining in the name-calling. In an unfortunate slip of the tongue, before quickly correcting himself, BBC deputy political editor Norman Smith said on the lunchtime news that Boris's comments might backfire and 'allow Corbyn to portray himself as the underduck' :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
37% on here for the Tories. Par vote for them. Similar to what they would get nationally I'd say (though it may be a bit more since UKIP is over) and under our ludicrous electoral system enough for a majority again. If Labour, Lib Dems and Greens had any sense they'd select the candidate with the best chance and stand one candidate between them in every Tory marginal. But they haven't. Political tribalism is old fashioned and Corbyn is way out of line rejecting a progressive alliance. A lot of people are taking no notice of him on that...but not enough. There should be no Labour candidate against Caroline and no Green in Kemptown. But there will be. Ludicrously biased press on one side, pathetically split opposition on the other. Bollocks.

i find it fascinating that the suggested solution to Tory popularity is for a coalition of everyone else, rejecting any notion of a rival national party with broad appeal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do catch up. We are taking the piss out of everything politically irrelevant

No "we" aren't. You might be. I find the whole of UKIP politically irrelevant now we've voted out but their current in-fighting, seat avoiding casual racism is beyond parody so I haven't bothered. I have justified why I might though - unlike just typing "Diane Abbot" and assuming everyone's going to LOL till the cows come home.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
i find it fascinating that the suggested solution to Tory popularity is for a coalition of everyone else, rejecting any notion of a rival national party with broad appeal.

I find it fascinating that you consider 37% approval on a football message board - and probably a similar slice of the popular vote on around a 70% turn out nationally - as "popularity". Far more people are against them than support them so a progressive alliance would seem to be more democratic than what we have.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I agree. Especially after the Lib Dems being so happy when, in their words, they broke the two party state by going into coalition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here