Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You’re favourite game of the season so far....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just watched that. Bloody hell, the vision and weight of pass by Stephens, surroundered by Reading players ... sheer quality.
And credit to Murphy - fully aware of the high line Reading were playing (no CMS offside muppetry here), he timed it perfectly and then finished expertly. Lovely football all round, and THAT'S WHY we're going up. :thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Tinpot at home, bubbling after the earlier results then whamo.

Bristol City away, total dominance.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Probably Fulham away. Good atmosphere and daylight robbery nicking 3 points. Crisp, sunny day by the Thames and a few beers.

yes-o.gif

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Wednesday at home thus far but expect one or two corkers to emerge in the final seven to challenge.

In re-viewing the Wednesday footage on YouTube came across the absolute belter that is extended highlights with commentary from BBC Radio Whippet. Palpable disappointment and begrudging praise for the ALBION and in particular Knockaert. Marvellous scenes...

https://youtu.be/hnLQjXaVHAI

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
MASSIVE at home (I wasn't there for the Norwich game). Highlights (from MASSIVE TV) well worth another look:

Definitely this one. It had everything. A superb breakaway goal from a massive corner to go one up. Very unlucky og for their equaliser. The CJTC that is Hutchinson playing a big part in getting Muzza sent off. A double penalty save. Take the lead with 10 men. Massive players losing it and Fletcher and the CJTC that is Hutchinson seeing red. Putting The Great Escape over the tannoy immediately on the final whistle.

Football eh? Bloody Hell.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Wednesday at home is up there purely for the revenge from last year. Norwich at home pips it though. 5-0 thumping of a relegated Prem team, "Pritchard, what's the score?", that muggy little left / right back who became a proper pantomime villain. Just a great day at the football.

Also, Reading at home because LOL F**K Reading :albion2:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Having been away for Norwich (albeit in Spain with a Canaries fan!) and Weds, I have to say Reading at home - great build up watching other results come in on the concourse then a terrific performance and result. Place was buzzing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tough call between Wednesday home, Stockdale's double save was incredible, and then to score when down to ten men was BONKERS, or Birmingham away, with Glenn Murray scoring in the last minute from a corner and running the whole length of the pitch to celebrate with the away end.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Tough call between Wednesday home, Stockdale's double save was incredible, and then to score when down to ten men was BONKERS, or Birmingham away, with Glenn Murray scoring in the last minute from a corner and running the whole length of the pitch to celebrate with the away end.

What about our first ever win at Hillsboro ?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Best (Newcastle) home game was 4-3 against Norwich. The last two minutes of that game derailed Norwich and they never recovered all season.

Norwich results:

L (to Newcastle), then WON the next two.

Then a week later...

L (FIVE-nil to Brighton), and proceeded to L, L, L, W, L, W, L, L...

Yes - it was DEFINITELY the Toon result that 'derailed Norwich's season' :rolleyes:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Wednesday at home thus far but expect one or two corkers to emerge in the final seven to challenge.

In re-viewing the Wednesday footage on YouTube came across the absolute belter that is extended highlights with commentary from BBC Radio Whippet. Palpable disappointment and begrudging praise for the ALBION and in particular Knockaert. Marvellous scenes...

https://youtu.be/hnLQjXaVHAI

Ha! Lovely stuff, enjoyed that.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Ha! Lovely stuff, enjoyed that.

Yep, that's my favourite game of the season for excitement and drama; it had everything, closely followed by Brentford away.
Reading at home was probably best, in my view, in terms of team performance against another top side in the division.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Fulham x 2 - Both performances have been typical, we stayed resolute against a good side and took our chances when on top!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
How lucky we've been these past few seasons. There have been some great nights. (I'd say afternoons but, well... you know.) Fulham and Brentford away were superb, yes. But watching that Sheff Weds game again has probably reminded me that this was my favourite. It got the adrenaline going all over again just watching it now. I'd also forgotten they had two men off - lost their heads completely. Norwich was great, particularly loved baiting Pilchard, but it was too early in the season to convince me that we were going up.

That Wednesday game, though, marked the high point of my belief this season. Coming out of that game I was convinced, fed by the euphoria of the win, that we were going up. It's abated a bit since then, as the tension eats away at it, but that night it felt like there was no game we couldn't win. Win tonight and maybe it'll feel like that again.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Sheffield Wednesday at home for the excitement

Norwich at home was surreal
Leeds at home ... just because
Reading at home for the atmosphere and NS concourse after
and hopefully tonight ....:clap: :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here