Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
A warning to May ref Trump. If you get into the special relationship with the US and it goes wrong, you will be never forgiven.

Frankly, I never voted for Blair, but the hatred towards him does seem disproportionate. He won 3 general elections, though you would never have thought it
He won 3 elections because he was marketed as a center ground offering...he got in due to Conservatives.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Blair is a walking talking scandal. Up to his knees in cash shamelessly garnered on the back of his term in office and more recently, 'consulting' to shady regimes that are completely at odds with what the Labour Party stands for - or at least what it once stood for.

I doubt Brexit could have wheeled out a more compelling example of the snout in trough, gravy train riding and rampant cronyism of the EU political class than him.

Yep, his 2m a year from J.P Morgan Bank ( obviously war put money their way) is nothing to be sniffed at.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep, his 2m a year from J.P Morgan Bank ( obviously war put money their way) is nothing to be sniffed at.

Politics of envy.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson added: "I urge the British people to rise up and turn off the TV next time Blair comes on with his condescending campaign."

:) :)

Well firstly I would not do a single thing that cretin told me to do, in fact I would do the exact opposite.
And secondly it makes my piss boil that remain voters are not allowed to say what they think without being shot down and called childish names like remoaners.
But it's ok for Johnson and Duncan Smith to shoot him down, Blair has a valid point but as soon as someone stands up with an opinion on the result leave voters are all over it like kids.
It's true that very few knew the details of leaving and dreadful scare tactics were given on both sides, but the NHS money was appalling, they knew it was a vote winner.
As I have said before the result was close and probably the biggest decision in my lifetime, did they seriously think remainers would just roll over and take it on the chin, of course not, and they are more than entitled to do so.
Yet again the politicians have treated us like mugs and cocked up the whole debate basically behaving like a bunch of kids on such an important matter for the country, it should never have been handled the way it was, the facts should have been clearly laid out and then, like responsible adults allowed to make a decision based on facts, not lies.

Jan 30, 2008
Yup, his argument is that the British people should have the right to change their minds
as the referendum was simply a snapshot of views at one time. Sounds reasonable but what if they change their minds again a couple of years later ? Is he proposing rolling referendums or perhaps he just want to keep holding them until he gets his result ? It's also odd that he didn't consult the people whilst he was in power.
There seemed actually to be a rather sinister undertone to his comment that 'you could do it in different ways.' Sounded to me like he believes he could judge public opinion to have changed using different methods than a vote.
couldn't make it up, makes A FARCE OF A DEMOCRATIC VOTE , pure fantasy............. OH HOLD ON I MIGHT CHANGE MY VIEW ON THAT ON MONDAY :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
regards
DR

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well firstly I would not do a single thing that cretin told me to do, in fact I would do the exact opposite.
And secondly it makes my piss boil that remain voters are not allowed to say what they think without being shot down and called childish names like remoaners.
But it's ok for Johnson and Duncan Smith to shoot him down, Blair has a valid point but as soon as someone stands up with an opinion on the result leave voters are all over it like kids.

Not allowed to say what they think, where have you been for the last 2693 pages on here.
Childish names like Remoaners, huh, i think the Leave voters have been called a lot worse.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
To practical issues.

Off to Barnsley shortly and it’s important to get the preparations right. The locals are just as intelligent as everyone else but the stats show that they are a bit less healthy, a bit less happy, a bit more unemployed and a bit less educated than average. They’ve attracted a disproportionate amount of EU investment but have a fraction of the average number of immigrants from other EU countries. Immigration is not an issue - over 96% of residents are UK-born.

The problem is that they appear to love UKIP and hate the EU so much that South Yorkshire police had to tell Remain supporters to stop campaigning before the referendum - the levels of threatened and actual violence against them meant that they couldn’t guarantee their safety.

I’ve bought some tiny St George’s flags to stick over the ‘vile’ EU symbol on the number plate and I’ll avoid having any Albion branding about my person - it might reveal that I come from one of Britain’s strongly Remain-supporting and pro-European cities. I’ve perfected my Lincolnshire accent in case I have to speak in public. Someone gave me a ‘Make America Great Again’ bumper sticker. Would that help?

I'm not sure if you're deluded, stupid or just have no experience of living in an area of commonwealth immigration to believe that 96 % of people being UK born means that immigration isn't an issue.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Excellent speech today by someone who knows what it takes to lead a country. Compare his delivery to that of Corbyn and you can see why Labour are screwed come the next election,

Those who can't/won't get over his foreign policy mistakes can rant and rave all they like. Domestically, Blair was a fine PM and if you just knee jerk to 'war criminal' every time you see him rather than debate like adults the substance of his stance then more fool you,

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Excellent speech today by someone who knows what it takes to lead a country. Compare his delivery to that of Corbyn and you can see why Labour are screwed come the next election,

Those who can't/won't get over his foreign policy mistakes can rant and rave all they like. Domestically, Blair was a fine PM and if you just knee jerk to 'war criminal' every time you see him rather than debate like adults the substance of his stance then more fool you,

Same position as T Farron, inherantly undemocratic, disingenous and innacurate on numerous levels .. weaselesque. Thought it was more about T Blair's ego and feeling left out of the tumultious political change that has been occuring

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/17/factcheck-tony-blairs-imperfect-brexit-claims/

Agree with your last bit though much like some people's boo hiss response to Mrs T.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Even the local paper boy has a better delivery than Corbyn.
Blair is a nasty piece of work, apart from what we know he put out policies that he knew his wife could go up against in court and make shed loads of cash for Blair PLC.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Even the local paper boy has a better delivery than Corbyn.
Blair is a nasty piece of work, apart from what we know he put out policies that he knew his wife could go up against in court and make shed loads of cash for Blair PLC.

Knows how to win an election though, and domestically was a successful Prime Minister. If he's made money since leaving office then that's fine with me. The Prime Ministers salary is low considering the weight of responsibility - I wouldn't want the job!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Knows how to win an election though, and domestically was a successful Prime Minister. If he's made money since leaving office then that's fine with me. The Prime Ministers salary is low considering the weight of responsibility - I wouldn't want the job!

Fair enough, dirty money.....and i admit i voted for him first time, one of my biggest regrets. I believe that because of him so many working class have turned against the Labour party and will not vote for them again. An odious man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here