Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd yesterday?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163547

It seems the Cardiff fans were impressed with the atmosphere we created Saturday (and there's been better this season). Still maintain the amex is in the top 10 or top 6 for the league in terms of atmosphere.

Sorry to put a yet another positive spin on your thread Rev :thumbsup:

Agree 100%

I think those that "moan" about the Amex atmosphere really need to get to these so called percieved cauldrons of noise such as St Andrews, Elland Road, Mad Stad, Molineaux...and then come back and realise that Sheebo is right.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Agree 100%

I think those that "moan" about the Amex atmosphere really need to get to these so called percieved cauldrons of noise such as St Andrews, Elland Road, Mad Stad, Molineaux...and then come back and realise that Sheebo is right.

Absolutely. I think Derby in the playoff defeat was the only time I have come away from an away game genuinely impressed with the home support. Even before they took us apart, the pre-match atmosphere was fantastic. When we get behind the team we are not too bad at all.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Absolutely. I think Derby in the playoff defeat was the only time I have come away from an away game genuinely impressed with the home support. Even before they took us apart, the pre-match atmosphere was fantastic. When we get behind the team we are not too bad at all.
Doubt reading ever had a cauldron of noise...always been a morgue :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
only ???
regards
DR
Well it's not bad, but I know a lot of Cardiff fans were looking forward to playing us on a Saturday for the first time in years.

Looking at Cardiff's attendances though tells me support has dropped off for them this year, they are getting about 14k, so perhaps 1100 wasn't too bad.

el punal

It actually is a benefit for St holders as they get to bring friends for £10 :)
Prices do need to be reduced if we don't go up though as st's and match day tickets are to expensive.

I don't agree about your view on the price of season tickets. I sit in the West Upper, and if you divide the annual cost by 23 (league games) it equates to roughly £23 per match, which I feel is reasonable. Obviously, to make it work, you have to commit yourself to attending as many matches as possible.

Individual match day ticket prices, on the other hand, are expensive. Last season, a few of my friends came to one of the matches. One of them baulked at the price of £34+/- and said it was too much. Luckily he was able to use my other season ticket. But it does show that the club are possibly losing potential fans, and revenue, by overpricing. So the introduction of reduced price match by match tickets, even on a limited basis, is a positive move by the club as the attendance showed on Saturday.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't agree about your view on the price of season tickets. I sit in the West Upper, and if you divide the annual cost by 23 (league games) it equates to roughly £23 per match, which I feel is reasonable. Obviously, to make it work, you have to commit yourself to attending as many matches as possible.

Individual match day ticket prices, on the other hand, are expensive. Last season, a few of my friends came to one of the matches. One of them baulked at the price of £34+/- and said it was too much. Luckily he was able to use my other season ticket. But it does show that the club are possibly losing potential fans, and revenue, by overpricing. So the introduction of reduced price match by match tickets, even on a limited basis, is a positive move by the club as the attendance showed on Saturday.

I hear everything you are saying, but it's catch 22 isn't it? reduce the one off ticket prices very much, and the club runs the risk of losing season ticket sales.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
How many 10£ tickets did we sell? Must of been 2000 all buying beer programes maybe a few more kits etc deffinatly worth doing even pretty pink fairy was there ...i saw him

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here