Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's Support.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I was at Colchester about five years ago, it was a Monday night and the game was on Sky, it was probably the coldest I've ever been at a football ground and there were about 250 of us there. It was crap, utterly crap. Give me an evening game in London with 4,000 of us, anytime.

It was so bloody cold that night. Brrrrrr
Last night was great turn out. Just a shame we don't have much to get excited about when watching team.
Amex suffered from turgid football last year and this year a real lack of belief in what is happening on the pitch.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
amazing? not sure about amazing. it was decent but that's because there were 4000 of us at a cup game in London. I've been in better following BHA and some of the 'small town in Arsenal' bollocks was utterly cringe. not a great range of songs either and no edge whatsoever.

I'd say amazing is closer to 0-0 away at Burnley on a freezing Tuesday night last season where around 350 of us sang constantly throughout the entire dreadful match with a host of different new and old songs.

As for the planks who insisted on the "2 men went to burn down Palace" went on & on; I thought it was great that people were telling them to shut up.

So some 'planks' were singing a shite but relatively non offensive song about our local rivals (I've supported this club since 77 so don't tell me they're not) and were told to shut up, Why was that? Couldn't you hear what the players were saying?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
amazing? not sure about amazing. it was decent but that's because there were 4000 of us at a cup game in London. I've been in better following BHA and some of the 'small town in Arsenal' bollocks was utterly cringe. not a great range of songs either and no edge whatsoever.

I'd say amazing is closer to 0-0 away at Burnley on a freezing Tuesday night last season where around 350 of us sang constantly throughout the entire dreadful match with a host of different new and old songs.

As much as I admire our match choir, some of these geographically related chants require a 'could do better' marking.

As much as I admire our match choir, some of these geographically related chants require a 'could do better' marking.

They are totally pony, small town in Villa was my personal 'favourite'. However it'll be a cold day in hell before I "cringe" at what others sing (the Munich air crash song that a couple of ale cans started singing at Lords when Sussex played Lancs was a bit FFS, but hey, I wasn't singing it)

Just going back to the "small town" song, its usually attention seeking as it gets a response, pissed up we sing it at Peacehaven away matches, I.e Burgess Hill, Lewes, Newhaven....and the near bit is always 'Brighton', it always gets a "wot are yoo den?" response. :lolol: everything's funny when you're pissed!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They are totally pony, small town in Villa was my personal 'favourite'. However it'll be a cold day in hell before I "cringe" at what others sing (the Munich air crash song that a couple of ale cans started singing at Lords when Sussex played Lancs was a bit FFS, but hey, I wasn't singing it)

Just going back to the "small town" song, its usually attention seeking as it gets a response, pissed up we sing it at Peacehaven away matches, I.e Burgess Hill, Lewes, Newhaven....and the near bit is always 'Brighton', it always gets a "wot are yoo den?" response. :lolol: everything's funny when you're pissed!

I don't travel to many away matches, but was at the Birmingham City game you refer to. It was very cringeworthy. I'm guessing that the next match I attend, Norwich City, will see Ipswich references.

Twas a shame to hear about the Munich chants. Cricket used to be just as fun as football, without all the aggressive goading. I'm guessing that crass references aimed at Manchester United supporters would affect more of those from Sussex than Lancashire....

As regards non-league football, my local team Whitehawk, is ripe for such chants. Although the proposed change to Brighton & Hove City may pollute that. Doubtless a teenage wag would regard them as a 'small town in Albion'.....:ffsparr:

Twas a shame to hear about the Munich chants. Cricket used to be just as fun as football, without all the aggressive goading. I'm guessing that crass references aimed at Manchester United supporters would affect more of those from Sussex than Lancashire....

Don't get me wrong it wasn't a massive deal, they sung a couple of lines, a couple of Mancs gave them a bit of verbal as well as some Sussex telling them to shut up and that was the end of it, they made themselves look stupid no one else

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I am in no 'fantasy', and you haven't hit a nerve.

I just find it dull when self-proclaimed uber-fans are so desperate to slag off the support at games like at Spurs last night whilst letting us all know which distant outposts they have visited that make them better than the rest of us.

It was loud. Louder than could have been expected, given the failings of the team before this match, and during it. Nobody is going to suggest that it was like some South American Ultras, or something, but it was good support.

I bet you love it when you are in a really small away support. That really sets you apart,doesn't it?
😀 Average

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here