Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hans Kraay JR

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Does anyone remember this guy? I saw him him on BT sport talking about the Dutch national side but he also mentioned his only club in the UK as us from 1983/5. I don't recall him him in the FA cup final though and to be honest he didn't look or sound familiar :rolleyes:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Used to jump up and down in front of the opposition keeper. Was popular with the fans.

I'm sure one of our mods will fill you in with more info. :thumbsup:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great player, I think he came to us after he had disciplinary issues in Holland. Loved the jumping up an down in front the goalie. Whole-hearted player. Hanzy! Hanzy!

I'm sure Hans Kraay the NSC poster wil. Have a view.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Used to jump up and down in front of the opposition keeper. Was popular with the fans.

I'm sure one of our mods will fill you in with more info. :thumbsup:

Yeah cheers, first Albion game was 1979 but big gaps in my knowledge until late 80's when I became a season ticket holder, have been so pretty much ever since from Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean and upto (hopefully) our final resting place at the AMEX.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hans..............................Kraay...........................................Hans...........................................Kraay...........................................
up and down up and down up and down..........................
2 chants I remember!

You must be a youngster then !!

Great player although a loose cannon at the same time, loved watching him in his time with us

Quite - I think his memory lives on in many fan's heads although he didn't play that many games - as someone has already mentioned "Hans is evil" chants accompanied his jumping up and down on he goal line at corners. Is there a clip of it somewhere?

Think he is a pundit in Holland now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He fell out with Cattlin (?) for a while when he took his shirt off when subbed and from memory chucked it down as he ran down the tunnel. Cattlin said something along the lines of " no Brighton player can throw his shirt on the ground and get away with it" I believe he left not long after. That's how I remember it, it's all a bit fuzzy now though.

Limited ability but 100 percenter who was a crowd favourite.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A stroppy Dutch footballer. Unthinkable really. Top player.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Has Hans been to The Amex yet? I reckon he'd get a decent welcome having been a cult figure for us. I hope the alleged shirt throwing strop would not prevent him being invited.

I recall thinking he was lucky to get away with his antics but Refs were so much more lenient in the '80s, he would be a walking red card these days. Without that hard edge to his game I fear he'd only be half the player these days.

Imagine a midfield with Kraay, Paul Clark and Charlie Oatway.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Even though his stay at the Albion wasn't that long Hans Kraay was a fans legend. A real North Stand favourite, would love to see him at the Amex for a post match interview!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here