Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever Blanked Someone Famous?

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Went to Levi Roots' restaurant he came over and offered to shake my hand and asked how my food was, I thought he was a waiter so looked at him confused and said yeah it's fine thanks.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
A couple or three years ago I was sat in Barclays Bank, George Street Hove, when I realised that Jesus Christ himself was standing in the queue at the reception desk. The second coming was in the shape of our beautiful bearded and wavy-haired right-back from Basqueland. His senses picked up on the fact that a gibbering half-wit was dribbling in his direction but when his eyes flicked in my direction I'm afraid that I hastily glanced at the floor, ashamed that I was in the presence of such glory. Sorry Calde, I still hate myself for that slight, but I am unworthy.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Got in a lift in Adelaide with Boris Becker in about 1990. He asked me what floor? - so I gave him the number. Spent the journey in silence, partly because I was so surprised, and secondly - I had no idea what to say to him....

Mind you, I made up for my tonguetiedness when I saw Pam Shriver at Wimbledon a year or so later and asked her to autograph my Whoopie Cushion. She responded by saying that us Brits had mighty strange condoms!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I was a little kid when Peter Ward was in Worthing opening a new store their. My older brother gave him a BHA program to sign, as I was a bit nervous.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Met him a few times, can be a bit of an arse, but maybe down to his publicity/security team rather than him. I work in the bike industry so have been quite lucky to meet a few demi gods.

Yes he had that cockiness about him no doubt but he somehow got away with it.
After meeting her for the first time one person I did blank time and time again was Leon Haslems other half.
I did not like her at all, full of herself even though Leon's team mate Gregorio Levilla was by far the better racer and would do anything he was asked by the major sponsor.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes he had that cockiness about him no doubt but he somehow got away with it.
After meeting her for the first time one person I did blank time and time again was Leon Haslems other half.
I did not like her at all, full of herself even though Leon's team mate Gregorio Levilla was by far the better racer and would do anything he was asked by the major sponsor.

Levilla is a good guy, but my wife would always say that PF Chilli was top man, even though she repeatedly tells me about Ruben Xaus and how she has 'seen his willy', now there is a story!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I was at uni and was at the bar waiting for a drink, a bloke tried to cut in front of me and I told him I was next and to back up, he turned around and gave me a calm down gesture and continued to try and push in, was a right cocky shit. Anyway words were exchanged and me and a mate got oue drinks first.

Turn around to about a half dozen girls giving us looks that could kill because it was Joey Essex and some mate of his that we'd had words with. No regrets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jim Davidson has a similar story about the day he blanked Richard Fairbrass, who thought he was too sexy for his cheap, navy suit.

Too sexy....it hurts.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I was at 'The Juggs' in Kingston and saw Kevin Whately.
Firstly he was standing behind me in the queue for the food and then he was in the Playground with a who I'm assuming was his kid.
I am a massive fan of Auf Wedersien Pet and I was dying to say hello but thought to myself just give the guy a break. he looked stressed.
But it is weird when you see someone who is famous from television as your brain basically says to you that you know this person.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Went to Stoke away about 17 years ago - had complementary tickets for the executive boxes. Half time pee, was standing next to Nick Hancock - didn't think it appropriate to have a chat! Had Kevin Keegan sitting behind me in the stand, a little while after he resigned from England under a cloud of despondency. I asked him how he was "Fine thanks, why shouldn't I be?".

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Back in the 90s I was on a ferry coming back from Ostend and a bloke sat next to me who looked just like Ian McCulloch (Bunnymen). I whispered to my friend ‘Ian McCulloch look alike’ My friend replied loudly ‘Who the f is Ian McCulloch?’ Several hours latter he was lying shit faced on the floor and I realised he then he actually was Ian McCulloch …… damn!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Charlie oatway bought me a beer for blanking him once. I caught his eye then ignored him in the players lounge (playgroup room) after a game at the withdean. The night before I had met him at about 1.30 am in a pub inn town. So he sent me a beer over.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yonks ago, literally decades ago, I nearly had a row with Barry McGuigan as we were walking by each other and somehow my jacket and his bag got caught. We ended up having a right tug of war to try and separate ourselves and it got a bit irate. Got told by friends afterwards who he was and that he was a former boxing world champion.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Got in a lift in Adelaide with Boris Becker in about 1990. He asked me what floor? - so I gave him the number. Spent the journey in silence, partly because I was so surprised, and secondly - I had no idea what to say to him....

Mind you, I made up for my tonguetiedness when I saw Pam Shriver at Wimbledon a year or so later and asked her to autograph my Whoopie Cushion. She responded by saying that us Brits had mighty strange condoms!
It sounds like you were lucky or unlucky, depending on how you look at it, because the last time Boris was in a small room with a stranger she got pregnant and it cost him a few million quid!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Haven't blanked someone famous but have blanked there offer.The manager of the Prodigy came in for a hair cut and the band sat and waited ,we chatted with them ( nice guys)and after paying they offered us backstage passes for there gig at the centre but all three of us were busy that night so declined there offer much to there surprise.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not blanked but I just remembered me and my brother spent an entire night at The Zap annoying the shit out of Chesney Hawkes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably unintentional but when watching Michael Jackson at the old Wembley, just as the show was about to start we were next to the lighting rig in the crowd.

I was knocked out the way by a flurry of bodyguards, regained my composure and was literally eye to eye with Harrison Ford - he did say hello which was nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here