Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What have you seen developed, delivered and redundant in your lifetime ?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'll also add CB radio to the list

Sorry to disappoint, but we use them on our Scout hike each year and I can confirm that there are still many people using them for inane conversations at all hours of the day and night. Nowhere near as many as 10 years ago, but they're still out there and you can still buy them.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
MTV

Technically it's still going but there's no music on there just reality bollocks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot of consumer products like Royal Scot and Lincoln Cream biscuits and in the beer line Watney Red Barrel, Whitbread Tankard Double Diamond and there must be 100s of other products. Bournevita now according to Cadburys only available from Cadburys India.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Oh yes, and Courage Velvet Stout and excellent early morning livener!

A lot of consumer products like Royal Scot and Lincoln Cream biscuits and in the beer line Watney Red Barrel, Whitbread Tankard Double Diamond and there must be 100s of other products. Bournevita now according to Cadburys only available from Cadburys India.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry to disappoint, but we use them on our Scout hike each year and I can confirm that there are still many people using them for inane conversations at all hours of the day and night. Nowhere near as many as 10 years ago, but they're still out there and you can still buy them.
No disappointment - just surprised!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I helped build both the daewoo car plant at lancing & canon UK headquarters at reigate - both mothballed since

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I just bought a second hand car complete with a cassette deck. I have dusted off a load of old cassette s and they sound superb. That said It's only a matter of time before they start to chew up. But for now I think the sound is superior to digital. (I am not a hipster btw).

I'm sorry I don't believe you [emoji6]

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I'm sorry I don't believe you [emoji6]

Seriously. No noticeable hiss at all. I never got rid of my old cassettes and have loads of original albums on tape and they sound superb. Whack the volume up and off I trundle. The speakers can handle plenty of volume too. Loving it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I mean they're on the way out, this government is committed to that. Another reference to digital tax accounts in the Autumn Statement today, CGT on residential 2nd properties to be calculated on completion and tax paid within 30 days is another nail in the coffin of SA.
I'm intrigued to know how you think the income of millions of self employed people and people who have multiple income sources such as dividends from unlisted companies, rental income, capital gains other than property etc etc will report their income and calculate the tax due without filling in a tax return?

Osborne's "end of the Self Assessment return" statement has already been proved to be total nonsense by consultation between HMRC and the major accountancy bodies.

This government's legislation has actually meant that many MORE people have to fill in a return because of many higher rate taxpayers having to declare child benefit that way.

Don't believe the hype.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here