Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Peter Kellner is spot on, 310 seats is enough to form minority government. No need for coalition. I would have expected labour to form a minority if they'd got 290

It would be humiliated in parliament every week

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Does anyone understand it though?

It's difficult to know. How do people find the German system? I think it's about two thirds constituencies and a list system for the rest in the regions, isn't it? That's how it's done for the Scottish Parliament. In 2007 they had local elections at the same time, voted on by Single Transferable Vote, and there was considerable confusion. France has a sort of AV, but there you have to vote again a week later, with only the top two candidates standing. Australia has the Alternative Vote system and it seems to work okay there, but there are only two big parties, Labor and the Liberals, with some other party (Nationalists?) linked to them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So lib dems could be all but decapitated

I think from what I've seen that there are 40 seats that bbc are giving to cons from lib dem and labour that local people are saying it's too close to call

Somebody's already set up a Twitter account called @LibDemDeposits to document the money they've lost so far.

2,800 followers & rising.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Love the new avatar Herr T.

A man with a true sense of humour. :clap:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lord Ashcroft 6000 poll today:

Con 34%
Lab 31%
UKIP 14%
LDem 9%
Green 7%

Looks to be closer in line with YouGov than the IPSOS Mori exit poll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here