Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Warm coat recommendations

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I brought a Bosch heated jacket from a local electrical wholesaler. Watrproof, warm without the heating elements on and fantastic with them on. Three heat settings, with elemnts in the back and arms, runs off a Bosch power tool battery . I got it trade but had to buy a charger and the battery to go with it. All in (trade) £250. Battery lasts about six hours, and (new) looks pretty smart. I'm only an Albion fan but also own large dog so great for dog walking as long as I remember to charge the battery.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I brought a Bosch heated jacket from a local electrical wholesaler. Watrproof, warm without the heating elements on and fantastic with them on. Three heat settings, with elemnts in the back and arms, runs off a Bosch power tool battery . I got it trade but had to buy a charger and the battery to go with it. All in (trade) £250. Battery lasts about six hours, and (new) looks pretty smart. I'm only an Albion fan but also own large dog so great for dog walking as long as I remember to charge the battery.

:needpics:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Oh dear Lord, you are actually not joking...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-HEAT-Jacket-10-8-Professional/dp/B00GZNF7GI

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Makita-DCJ200ZXL-X-Large-Heated-Jacket/dp/B00NIE802U

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I brought a Bosch heated jacket from a local electrical wholesaler. Watrproof, warm without the heating elements on and fantastic with them on. Three heat settings, with elemnts in the back and arms, runs off a Bosch power tool battery.

I got caught shoplifting one of the very early versions. The police wanted to deal with it by way of a caution but the shopkeeper wanted to see me charged.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My Barbour coat has disappointingly not lasted too well (holes that needed patching, and 2 zips broken so far) and I'm reluctant to spend money on another one. I feel the cold a lot (damn arthritis) so am after a long coat that will keep out the cold and the wind as much as possible as well as being waterproof for going to football etc.

Anyone happy to recommend their coat?

Thanks NSC!

It's all about the layers. A base layer of M&S thermals and you can top that off with pretty much any big coat that keeps the water off.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Always bought Regatta parka coats.
Never let me down for warmth or waterproofness

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
I've had a couple of winter jackets from Lands'End and been happy with them. They do Regular and Long sizes which is helpful for me as with my Orangutan arms as I usually end up getting something too big in the chest just to get the sleeve length.

American company/design, so be aware the zip will be on the right hand side of the jacket. i.e the 'wrong' side if you are used to British coats.

If you're actually out any length of time in the pissing rain then you really need goretex or similar.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Ebay it FFS.

It can't be worth much now can it? It's over 5 years old. Even though it's in pristine condition.

I rode my mountain bike to work this morning. Could have used it to be fair I was THAT cold when I arrived!

I wouldn't even know how much to ask for it to be honest! I've only ever been a buyer on eBay. Never sold anything on it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It can't be worth much now can it? It's over 5 years old. Even though it's in pristine condition.

I rode my mountain bike to work this morning. Could have used it to be fair I was THAT cold when I arrived!

I wouldn't even know how much to ask for it to be honest! I've only ever been a buyer on eBay. Never sold anything on it.
Just search for a similar one. Might be worth selling......

Jan 30, 2008
My Barbour coat has disappointingly not lasted too well (holes that needed patching, and 2 zips broken so far) and I'm reluctant to spend money on another one. I feel the cold a lot (damn arthritis) so am after a long coat that will keep out the cold and the wind as much as possible as well as being waterproof for going to football etc.

Anyone happy to recommend their coat?

Thanks NSC!
https://www.fjallraven.co.uk/clothes/jackets/winter-jackets/
keeping it real
regards
DR

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Glad to see you select your garments based on ethics.

This statement from the site is you all over:

“By producing on nature’s terms; by developing clothing and gear that lasts for generations; by placing strict standards on ourselves and our suppliers; and by introducing more people to nature and its myriad benefits, we hope to leave our basecamp in better shape than we found it.”

Peace brother. [emoji3577]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here