Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"3 More Deals/Loans Next Week" - BBC

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Why is it that people ignore JFC when mentioning players in midfield. He is definately in Sami's plans and will be surprised if he does not start the first league game, depending on who else we might sign

I didn't ignore JFC, I just forgot to add him on the list, and March too.

My main point was that we were strong in midfield with many different options.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
seems daft buying players, AFTER pre season friendlies? no time for any mew players to fit in..

I'm impatient, but there are still a few pre-season fixtures left...

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Stockdale
Ward
Becchio

And I'll be a very happy boy, anyone know where becchio is in relation to first choice at Norwich? I think van wolfswinkle and the lad they signed from Celtic (cant think of his name :lol:) are both ahead of him aren't they?
I hrard Becchio is off to wigan with Holt going the other way

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Gary Hooper.
Will never play for them again. Leaving in the summer. Leeds are rumoured to be interested in bringing him back. As are we.

That's the fella, Hooper, why won't he play for them again? Shame he would cost so much, I know he didn't exactly tear up the prem with Norwich but I think he would be very good, even at that level in a better team.

As for Becchio, I would imagine he would choose Leeds over us, as he was there a long time, unless he's wary of what's going on there, which he should be. So there's hope yet I suppose.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
seems daft buying players, AFTER pre season friendlies? no time for any mew players to fit in..

Crawley, Peterborough and Southampton to go. 3 weeks til Sheff Weds.
In 2012 Lopez, Orlandi and Hammond who played about 100 games in 2012/13 arrived on the very last day of the window on Aug 31st.
in 2013. Ward , some people's player of the season arrived in mid August.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
a
Crawley, Peterborough and Southampton to go. 3 weeks til Sheff Weds.
In 2012 Lopez, Orlandi and Hammond who played about 100 games in 2012/13 arrived on the very last day of the window on Aug 31st.
in 2013. Ward , some people's player of the season arrived in mid August.

The season had already started when Elliott Bennett arrived in 2009, as we had a battle with Wolves to buy him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lets hope Leo passes his medical and agrees terms then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's been like that for the last 2 season, possibly even more.
I can't help thinking there's a 'penny counting' financial consideration to these deals.
Which is fine and dandy until it's trotted out as an excuse for a slow start.

One thing or the other, you can't have both.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I didn't ignore JFC, I just forgot to add him on the list, and March too.

My main point was that we were strong in midfield with many different options.

Point taken. Good that we are so strong in that area. Question of keeping everyone happy when Stevens and Crofts back again fit. One good striker Goalkeeper and Left Back should do it and would like to see Walton on the bench. Tough on Casper, but we should be looking at the future and Walton looks ready to step up to the bench.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
It's been like that for the last 2 season, possibly even more.
I can't help thinking there's a 'penny counting' financial consideration to these deals.
Which is fine and dandy until it's trotted out as an excuse for a slow start.

One thing or the other, you can't have both.
We should be looking to the point where we don't release so many people at the end of the season. Then pre season becomes easier and we will be up and running when the season starts. We haven't really had that since we got to the Amex

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Grabban though?

Grabban?

That's the fella, Hooper, why won't he play for them again? Shame he would cost so much, I know he didn't exactly tear up the prem with Norwich but I think he would be very good, even at that level in a better team.

As for Becchio, I would imagine he would choose Leeds over us, as he was there a long time, unless he's wary of what's going on there, which he should be. So there's hope yet I suppose.

I meant Becchio would never play for Norwich again. Hooper will be in their squad this year. Fantastic player at this level.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Grabban?

I meant Becchio would never play for Norwich again. Hooper will be in their squad this year. Fantastic player at this level.

Word. Hooper & Grabban are, on paper, a bloody superb strike pairing at this level.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks that way, yes. Though Surman will no doubt end up back at Bournemouth again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here