Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official NFL 2017 Thread

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I did like the way N.O. said, "Listen Bills, to save you the bother of trying to guess what we're doing this play will be a run, ok? Nothing fancy, we're just going to push your defensive line out of the way and run straight through the middle of it. Yes that's right, the same as the last play."

Yeah, I know, a bit rich coming from a Browns fan, but we scored a touchdown in the first quarter and actually lead for a bit! Only lost by 14 points as well. Probably our best performance since our opening day loss to Pittsburgh.

Yes but we had a streaker. http://thesportsdaily.com/the-sport...ns-onto-field-during-saints-bills-game-video/

For the Jags fans, was Dareus more than a pile of goo for you on Sunday? I loved him when he was committed to the Bills but some rough breaks and poor decisions doomed his time in Buffalo (and a ridiculous contract).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last weekend was the first time in x years I had the ability to watch Packers v CareBears but not the desire.
It would seem I made the right choice.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I really don't get the Bills problem with Tyrod Taylor. One bad game and he's benched. His performances this year have been more than respectable, especially when you consider he has no one to throw to.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ench-qb-tyrod-taylor-nathan-peterman-to-start

Peterman's an intriguing guy though. I watched a lot of Pitt last season and he was periodically great, especially in the wild game where they beat eventual National Champions, the Deshaun Watson led Clemson 43-42. My gut says his ceiling isn't much higher than Taylor's floor though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes but we had a streaker. http://thesportsdaily.com/the-sport...ns-onto-field-during-saints-bills-game-video/

For the Jags fans, was Dareus more than a pile of goo for you on Sunday? I loved him when he was committed to the Bills but some rough breaks and poor decisions doomed his time in Buffalo (and a ridiculous contract).

We were ranked 32nd in run defence before Dareus arrived, in his two games since joining we’ve held the Bengals to 29yards rushing and the Chargers to 79yards rushing. He’s made a huge difference to our defence. The Bills have surrendered 542 rushing yards in the 2 games since he’s departed:eek:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
We were ranked 32nd in run defence before Dareus arrived, in his two games since joining we’ve held the Bengals to 29yards rushing and the Chargers to 79yards rushing. He’s made a huge difference to our defence. The Bills have surrendered 542 rushing yards in the 2 games since he’s departed:eek:

Great. Hopefully he stays committed to you for more than half a season. Maybe he just came to hate Buffalo. He wouldn't be the first player desperate to get out of town. The fans were done with him after his drug suspensions, injury problems, and outrageous contract. Too bad, he was such a great player for us, then his brother was killed and everything went down hill.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And if we didn't know it already Antonio Brown is 'all-time great' level of special.

"Brown is on pace for 1,642 yards and 10 touchdowns on 112 catches, which would give him a five-year stretch statistically superior to any such half-decade span in the careers of future Hall of Famers such as Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson."

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And with that Steelers victory the Jags go top of the AFC South. With the Browns to come on Sunday we have a chance to open a lead. A win would also see the Jags have a 4-0 record against NFC North opposition this season. You watch us get burned by Cleveland :lol:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
As a nice warm-up for NFL Sunday this weekend, Wisconsin play Michigan at Camp Randall on Saturday at 5pm.
For anyone who likes their College ball, this should be a humdinger!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Kam Chancellor out for season, Seahawks secondary has taken a battering in the last 10 days. First losing Sherman and now Chancellor.

Bam Bam hasn’t been his usual self for a while, next man up will do just fine...Sherm is a real miss but if we can just work out how to run the ball, and with the magician Wilson making insane plays, we could still make it deep into the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:lolol: The Browns.

Seriously no other team is quite as good at ****ing up as these guys. :nono:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Actually I take that back. The 'Skins 15 points up with less than six minutes to play. Then in three drives from the Saints they give up 18 points and 208 yards in just 15 plays. :lolol:

That is pretty impressive ****ing up right there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually I take that back. The 'Skins 15 points up with less than six minutes to play. Then in three drives from the Saints they give up 18 points and 208 yards in just 15 plays. :lolol:

That is pretty impressive ****ing up right there.

Way back at the start of the season I mocked a 'skins fan for being resigned to an 8-8 season.
My reasoning was they'd either be 0-16 or 16-0, either way nothing as vanilla as 8-8.

Now clearly I was loud wrong, they have 8-8 written all over them, but I will say in my defence, all season long they have looked either unbeatable or unwinnable. :lol: as you say that's pretty impressive.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Way back at the start of the season I mocked a 'skins fan for being resigned to an 8-8 season.
My reasoning was they'd either be 0-16 or 16-0, either way nothing as vanilla as 8-8.

Now clearly I was loud wrong, they have 8-8 written all over them, but I will say in my defence, all season long they have looked either unbeatable or unwinnable. :lol: as you say that's pretty impressive.

First 25 mins of each half they are a playoff quality side

Last 5 of each half they are worst team in the league, give up points at end of each half every week.

With the injuries they’ve had and the schedule they’ve achieved reasonably well, but still a long way to go to fix a team with still more problems than solutions

Thecoffeecake

Oct 10, 2017
Philadelphia
I'm not a huge football fan, but spending my entire adult life in Philly, I have to support the Eagles. Best record in the NFL, and they've got archrival Dallas in a few hours. It's been a long decade or so for Philadelphia sports, it'll be nice to have an area team go on a run (as long as it isn't the Flyers).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brutal win by my beloved �� eagles. Battered Dallas and have deserved the 9-1.

Going to take a good team and a lot of luck to stop this team

#flybirdsfly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here