Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How were the Wet Sham fans?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
On the tv coverage I have honestly never seen so many fans leaving on 75 minutes. We were pissing ourselves watching it.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Sorry, by immense, I meant on the pitch. We were ok, support wise, but that stadium is not meant for football. Upper and lower tiers miles apart, the roof too high. But when singing together (ie. when the bubbles are on) 50,000 can make a noise.

It was quiet all around.

We were loud towards the end but by that time most of the Wet Sham fans had gone.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
OK view but away fans were split into 2 blocks so diluted our songs (still 100 times better than them). I spoke to several of them before and after the match and they were a proper bunch of football supporters who (after the match) were very sanguine about the match.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Both upper and lower singing different songs. Couldnt hear the lower but see them going crackers. Absolute dog shit of a stadium.

Poor west ham. Possibily worse than Arsenal. However you could hear them roar now and then.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We met David Cameron on the train home
3bb8e5d5f552ec768879b7bafba89fe2.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Had he forgotten that he was a Villa fan? Again.
Oh we took the proper piss out of him, along with his mates, not only did he look and dress like dave, he paid to watch the game in a box and splashed out on beers for everyone...
I couldn't help but ask, why did you **** a pig head??

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The stadium looks great from the outside, decent inside but the view from where I was standing was pretty turd. Crap atmosphere. Looks like it would be more suited to NFL.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They were shockingly bad. A right miserable bunch with no real passion and the exodus when we won the penalty (even before we'd scored it) had to be seen to be believed. These photos were taken just a couple of minutes after the penalty. The stadium was pretty much full at kick off.

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They were hilarious giving it large at 3 -0 down [emoji23]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They were hilarious giving it large at 3 -0 down [emoji23]

That wally who stood next to the steward to the left of us through most of the 2nd half and was giving it large to Brighton fans was excellent value. I don't think he realised just how silly he was making himself look. He buggered off sharpish after the penalty though.

theboybilly

There was a little section between the fans in the lower tiers where West Ham fans would come over and gesticulate/threaten on their way out (inviting Albion fans to join them outside) They were nowhere to be seen on the walk back to the coaches. If I ever go there again I will use the DLR as that was pretty clear half an hour after the game (though most leaving early obviously helped) I didn't like the London Stadium. The layout for fans is all wrong and the choice of refreshments limited. The Amex leads the way on so many levels. Like the Emirates I've crossed it off my list. I'm not fussed about going back

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That wally who stood next to the steward to the left of us through most of the 2nd half and was giving it large to Brighton fans was excellent value. I don't think he realised just how silly he was making himself look. He buggered off sharpish after the penalty though.
I was stood opposite him, his chants of "where's your caravan" were bewildering...
I was just constantly chanting "sit down shut up "
There was two girls having a go too, we ****ing destroyed them, in a banter kind of way..

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was stood opposite him, his chants of "where's your caravan" were bewildering...
I was just constantly chanting "sit down shut up "
There was two girls having a go too, we ****ing destroyed them, in a banter kind of way..

I thought he was a dead cert to get chucked out when he got his arse out but surprisingly, he was allowed to carry on making a tit of himself. Very amusing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought he was a dead cert to get chucked out when he got his arse out but surprisingly, he was allowed to carry on making a tit of himself. Very amusing.
No shit he got his arse out to me and my mate after giving him grief, everyone around was like get him out!!! Like I said the stewards let everything go which I thought was good

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
No shit he got his arse out to me and my mate after giving him grief, everyone around was like get him out!!! Like I said the stewards let everything go which I thought was good

There was a little bit of verbals going on right at the end near the exit there with a couple of Brighton fans climbing into the covered bit and a few West Ham fans trying to get to them.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There was a little bit of verbals going on right at the end near the exit there with a couple of Brighton fans climbing into the covered bit and a few West Ham fans trying to get to them.
Wasn't me...

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
They were shockingly bad. A right miserable bunch with no real passion and the exodus when we won the penalty (even before we'd scored it) had to be seen to be believed. These photos were taken just a couple of minutes after the penalty. The stadium was pretty much full at kick off.

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

I like the fact they've resituated the running track between the stands.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Result aside it's a dreadful place to watch football. Sound doesn't carry at all, strange atmosphere. Didn't feel like a football stadium at all. But I don't care cos that was one of the greatest evenings of my Albion supporting life.

Ha! Probably not the best game to ask what the atmosphere was like, amazing obviously, but it looks like a rubbish place to watch football, on the telly. Not surprised it lives down to that view.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

White seats do them no favours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here