Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have the Bournemouth letters hit the doormat yet?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Have they said what they're doing about missing home matches yet? Will you lose points if you miss just the odd one, or if you put them on the exchange?

Different set of cirumstances, as you full well know - the cheaters here bought a cheap ticket with the sole purpose of bumping up their loyalty points - I am not sure you can say that of someone who stumps up for a season ticket and then can't attend the odd game!

I don't believe there have been any fans that have been buying season tickets for the last number of years, and not attending games, just so they could build enough points to go to all the glory away games this season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Different set of cirumstances, as you full well know - the cheaters here bought a cheap ticket with the sole purpose of bumping up their loyalty points - I am not sure you can say that of someone who stumps up for a season ticket and then can't attend the odd game!

I don't believe there have been any fans that have been buying season tickets for the last number of years, and not attending games, just so they could build enough points to go to all the glory away games this season.

I think [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] is possibly referring to the fact that some people in the family stand were buying kids tickets for the reduced rate, and then upgrading them for the bigger matches, to adult tickets. The club warned pre-season that they'd look at the number of matches missed in the first ten games of the season or something and held the right to revoke the season ticket.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I will be ready with a note from my Mum if I miss a game in future :lolol:

By the looks of it if you are identified as failing to attend an away game in the future you will quite rightly lose the associated loyalty points that will be linked to attending.
Doubt a note from your mum will change anything

How will they distinguish between people harvesting and those who legitimately are unable to attend?

They wont distinguish,......if you legitimately cant attend its called TOUGH TITTIES,its a fair system, its sad your car broke down, or you missed the train or your granny died which meant you gave the game a miss, but points will be linked to actually turning up and not buying a ticket.......which is fair for everyone

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have they said what they're doing about missing home matches yet? Will you lose points if you miss just the odd one, or if you put them on the exchange?

I really dont think home matches for STH are an issue they are looking at.
Unless i have this wrong you dont get STH points for attending home matches anyway, these are pre built in and the bonus(that helps you buy away tickets) comes from attending away games

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Nope, can’t see it......they might ban you from buying tickets for a bit though.

They were never going to ban anyone or deduct LPs because they didn't go to the Bournemouth game but had a ticket. There was no breach of any rules so their only option was to amend the rules for future matches.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Unless i have this wrong you dont get STH points for attending home matches anyway, these are pre built in and the bonus(that helps you buy away tickets) comes from attending away games

ST is only worth 20 points a year....it’s only long term ST holding that has any real value in terms of LPs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How will they distinguish between people harvesting and those who legitimately are unable to attend?
They will look for patterns.

If an individual is buying and not attending on a repeat basis, the red harvester flag will be raised next to their name, and the club will then consider helping them not to waste their money on games they can't attend.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
By the looks of it if you are identified as failing to attend an away game in the future you will quite rightly lose the associated loyalty points that will be linked to attending.
Doubt a note from your mum will change anything

They wont distinguish,......if you legitimately cant attend its called TOUGH TITTIES,its a fair system, its sad your car broke down, or you missed the train or your granny died which meant you gave the game a miss, but points will be linked to actually turning up and not buying a ticket.......which is fair for everyone
Of course, and why should you get the points if you don't attend? But the letter quoted implies there could be bans from buying tickets or LP deductions. All a huge faff for the club to administer and potentially an over reaction in the case of dead granny in broken down car following a cold.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I agree. I imagine that the reference to home games is for cup games, though that's a guess. If the club are trying to tighten up the T&Cs of the LP scheme, it really would help if the amendments were comprehensive, and also addressed the ambiguities in the first set. I'll reserve judgement until the new set are released, but the lack of clarity about what they mean when referring to home games is not great.

It's all well and good complaining that some fans abused the spirit of the scheme (and no doubt some did), but that should not be used as an excuse for not spelling out in detail the scheme rules for every foreseeable game situation. The more the club can rely on sanctioning a fan for breaking a specific term in the T&Cs and not for breaking the "spirit" of the scheme the better - transparency and certainty are always better than ambiguity.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think the club are just digging a bigger and bigger hole for themselves.

If there policy wasn’t so bad to start with this wouldn’t have happened.

And do they really think this will stop the ticketing system being abused?

When will the next set of measures be announced when fans find their way round these? It’s going to turn into a vicious circle of measures and counter measures.

The real problem here is that we are now a Premiership club with all the good bad that goes with it - and the club need to get their act together with a proper ticketing system.

For someone with Barber’s experience I’m really surprised he’s not got on top of this properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I think [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] is possibly referring to the fact that some people in the family stand were buying kids tickets for the reduced rate, and then upgrading them for the bigger matches, to adult tickets. The club warned pre-season that they'd look at the number of matches missed in the first ten games of the season or something and held the right to revoke the season ticket.

I only mentioned it as I thought there was something about it in the original club statement. Am only interested really as we're potentially going to be moving up north and I certainly wouldn't be making many mid-week matches!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

When will the next set of measures be announced when fans find their way round these? It’s going to turn into a vicious circle of measures and counter measures.

The real problem here is that we are now a Premiership club with all the good bad that goes with it - and the club need to get their act together with a proper ticketing system.

For someone with Barber’s experience I’m really surprised he’s not got on top of this properly.

Well done by being in breach of the Premier League branding you have earnt yourself a 3 game ban on away tickets starting from Monday 16 October. There is no right of appeal.

There is/was nothing wrong with the system. The problem is with the Harvesters who have got off too lightly

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Really! No system will be perfect but this is probably the best system we have had. Only problem is that the club offered loyalty points for the cup game. Had they not they would probably have had the same people turning up give or take one or two percentage points.

The only way to stop any abuse would probably be to have photographic id on the printed ticket and they would have to be checked at the turnstile. Nobody really wants that.

The problem is not the ticketing system but merely the limited number of tickets available.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well done by being in breach of the Premier League branding you have earnt yourself a 3 game ban on away tickets starting from Monday 16 October. There is no right of appeal.

There is/was nothing wrong with the system. The problem is with the Harvesters who have got off too lightly

I agree with the fact the problem is with the so called harvesters for the cup game but not sure what you think the club could legally do retrospectively?

Ricky Marlow

Oct 9, 2017
‘where away match tickets are purchased and passed on for use by other fans not eligible for the tickets, supporters risk punitive sanctions including loyalty point reductions and an away ticket ban’.

So...if you buy an away ticket & you then find you can’t go for a legitimate reason, it’s ok to pass the ticket on to a fan that IS eligilble for the ticket???!

Seems very odd. Is it now up to us to check the current number of loyalty points a person has before we pass our ticket on in the event that we unfortunately can’t go ourselves?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
My mate said in the group chat,that he got a email warning him to go to games he had tickets for,but haven't taken away his points

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

You cannot ban people from football for something like this, especially as it is in the T&Cs that purchase of a ticket is all that is required for loyalty points. The club still have not admitted their culpability in this case. £10 = 10 points, people were bound to abuse the system. The overall loyalty point scheme is OK, but there are faults and the allocation of points is one of them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You can please some of the people all of the time. you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here