Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mounie red card..(Hudds lodge - and lose - appeal)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It wasn't malicious and there wasn't any intent to hurt Bissouma but it was a poor tackle (a centre-forward's tackle, per Paul Ince on the BBC sport feed) with studs up, which got the result it deserved.

I thought Balogun was very lucky to stay on as well.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Maybe I'm majorly biased, but here goes... Mounie, studs up above Bissouma's lower leg- red card. Balogun, put his foot down to trip their player but not classed as violent conduct- yellow card.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Looked kind of soft. If that had been the other way round today and we'd gone down to ten men for a challenge like that I would not be happy.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Soft red (looked barely a tap, but 8.7 for the rolling around on the grass). Maybe a booking at worst.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Probably the softest red I’ve seen that hasn’t involved some rediculius amount of simulation from the ‘injured’ player.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In normal time I thought both cards were correct but in slow motion I am not so sure about Baloguns being a yellow and not a red.but the red given was correct IMHO.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
It was a red card , foot up and out of control , therefore dangerous & could brake bones ... all IMHO of course ... biggest problem is consistency as Balogun should have seen red too but thats luck of the draw & whether the ref sees it at the time baring in mind they dont have replays ... yet

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It would have been for serious foul play; violent conduct is head banging, punching etc.

Actually...

Serious foul play is when the incident occurs while challenging for the ball, violent conduct is for off-the-ball incidents. An elbow to the ribs while both jockeying for the ball is serious foul play, an elbow to the ribs while stood in the box waiting for the corner to be taken is violent conduct.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
An opinion, obviously.

I was very vocal about Stephens’ pathetic red the other day. Most on here agreed but some started quoting all the dangerous shite...

I appreciate the rules are a bit different too BUT...

Their guy goes in to win the ball, studs are up and catches Bissman, but not full on. I just find it hard to justify that as a red. It’s dangerous play when 2 players go up for the same ball full blooded in the air. There are dangers in the game always.

I just find football a little bit dead with these red cards. I’m not surprised it was given etc and appreciate the rules are different as I say, but just don’t think these game changing reds help the game tbh.

Straight reds are given for careless, wreckless and excessive force. This is the law of the game, which I think is clear and fair and professional footballers should know this. I viewed Stephens recent red against this criteria; ref was correct. I’ll do the same with this Hudds player.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Straight reds are given for careless, wreckless and excessive force. This is the law of the game, which I think is clear and fair and professional footballers should know this. I viewed Stephens recent red against this criteria; ref was correct. I’ll do the same with this Hudds player.

I'm feeling tired and am wondering if I'm missing something here. Fouls are given for challenges that are careless, reckless or use excessive force. Straight reds are given for use of excessive force, but shouldn't be given for careless or reckless challenges.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here