Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton owned by Puel

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
We had a number of chances to win especially at the end. On another day it could have been 3 or 4 goals for us

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We had a number of chances to win especially at the end. On another day it could have been 3 or 4 goals for us

Blimey...and Duffy could quite easily have been sent off and Brady's shot was a foot off scoring.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Do you want to replace the manager?

TBF to the Op at no time has it been mentioned a change of manager. However, no one, is above criticism and the last 2 games CH has shown very negative tactics (some may say the tactics have been negative way before this). Yes we have points on the board which is great but I would suggest that, having been to most games this season, we are very dull. Today Puel showed CH how to play with 10 men away from home. CH is currently delving into the goodwill he has built up with the fans (deservingly so) but this does not mean he shouldn’t be questioned.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Credit to Leicester, they really battled and deserved their point. Hopefully we can hang on in there and build a stronger squad with the ability to take on the likes of Leicester and Everton.

I’m still really disappointed that we couldn’t keep hold of the three points, but hopefully Hughton and his team will have learned from today.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
15 points from 13 games in the premier league. Last season we lost at home to Leicester - this season we draw (yeah we should have won but ah well).

I simply dont get the negativity around our Chris. He sets up to make the best of what we have. More often than not he gets it right (with what we have) but sometimes we come up a little short.

Yes he could have taken limping Murray off a little sooner but mostly the players just made poor decisions in the final third today. I am sure that on Monday, that will get looked and the players will learn and get better.

Chris Hughton is the best manager we've ever had. When he has the players at his disposal to tear up the league we are in - we will tear up that league (he did for us in the championship remember?).

For Christ sake people get a grip and stick together - it is what got us this far in the first place!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well, if we'd won the game, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Gross was onside and would likely have killed Leicester off. So yeah. FFS.

Sorry don't get the logic!

We didn't win the game and played badly in the second half against 10 men! That is the reality.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I strongly suspect that if Hughton had a player of Jamie Vardy’s calibre to bring off the bench, we’d have won that comfortably. Maybe he will one day if we can stay up for several seasons.

Very good first half, poor second half that exposed our weakness so far this season - our quickest attacking players’ inability to make the most of promising situations.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
15 points from 13 games in the premier league. Last season we lost at home to Leicester - this season we draw (yeah we should have won but ah well).

I simply dont get the negativity around our Chris. He sets up to make the best of what we have. More often than not he gets it right (with what we have) but sometimes we come up a little short.

Yes he could have taken limping Murray off a little sooner but mostly the players just made poor decisions in the final third today. I am sure that on Monday, that will get looked and the players will learn and get better.

Chris Hughton is the best manager we've ever had. When he has the players at his disposal to tear up the league we are in - we will tear up that league (he did for us in the championship remember?).

For Christ sake people get a grip and stick together - it is what got us this far in the first place!

We will tear up the premier league....blimey. Can I some of the stuff you are on please?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Credit to Leicester, they really battled and deserved their point. Hopefully we can hang on in there and build a stronger squad with the ability to take on the likes of Leicester and Everton.

I’m still really disappointed that we couldn’t keep hold of the three points, but hopefully Hughton and his team will have learned from today.

Yes Leicester deserve credit

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Agree that Leicester are a good team. Their passing and ball control was were way better than ours. But against ten men we should have done much better. No excuse for awful passing; no excuse for constantly passing the ball backwards instead of forwards; no excuse for lack of ambition. Embarrassing second half performance.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

The whole idea of a forum is for folks to post their thoughts.................as far as I can see no one has called for CH’s head (rightly so) but we do have the right to criticise the tactics he is currently employing! No one is above criticism and having watched our woeful display at Cardiff where we defended for 65 mins and see the same again at home today, I think CH and his current dull football should be questioned! However I, like most, are not calling for his head!

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I've always been in the Hughton in camp and not given it a single thought up to now. But today for the first time I have questioned him. The way we were wasting time and defending deep against Leicester was terrible. The worst thing for us is to go one up.

We needed to get a second goal and kill the game but Hughton sat back and it was too predictable

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The whole idea of a forum is for folks to post their thoughts.................as far as I can see no one has called for CH’s head (rightly so) but we do have the right to criticise the tactics he is currently employing! No one is above criticism and having watched our woeful display at Cardiff where we defended for 65 mins and see the same again at home today, I think CH and his current dull football should be questioned! However I, like most, are not calling for his head!

This. And besides, anyone calling for his head is being very harsh. At most he should be sacked but mutilated murder is simply not on in a civilised society and way over the top IMO. Especially near Christmas.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It's easy to out tactic a manager who only has one tactic

Yeah, winning 4 of 6 games Brighton have taken the lead. Bloody useless. Brighton should be challenging for a Champions League spot by now! Drawing to a team who have never lost this season to a side lower than them in the table. Disgraceful!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Hughton must have know that Vardy was going to come at some point and that he was going to be a threat - he is an international with fantastic pace.

What annoyed me was we pissed around and did nothing before he got on the pitch. At 1-0 with Vardy as the opposition striker you are always taking a massive risk, but it’s even worse given we didn’t push a 10 man team before he came in the second half.

Poor from Chris today - but even worse from the team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

There were people on the radio after the game actually saying that Hughton has to go.... for me that it is incredible and ridiculous but these things can gain momentum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here