Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 12,342 ticket remaining for palace

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Intimidating?

Yes.

The first one that went off sounded like a bomb.

I was there at Tottenham in 77/78 season and Chelsea in ‘84, and for me Palace letting off those firecrackers was worse for the reason stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Yes.

The first one that went off sounded like a bomb.

I was there at Tottenham in 77/78 season and Chelsea in ‘84, and for me Palace letting off those firecrackers was worse for the reason stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say unnerving and maybe startling...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just sorted my tickets for December 4th. Not many left now (family stand and shelf still have a few if you're bringing junior).

:bhasign:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't miss it, personally, but don't feel the need to be critical of anyone who doesn't wish to.

There's a big difference between 'frightened of attending', and simply 'cannot be arsed with the bullshit'.

Absolutely this. I wasn't frightened whatsoever at the most recent home league game, but it was a ****ing depressing experience all round, off the pitch as much as anything.

And yeah, as mentioned above, that first firecracker was ****ING loud and sounded like a bomb. What a monumentally ****ing stupid thing to do in the current climate with live events.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolutely this. I wasn't frightened whatsoever at the most recent home league game, but it was a ****ing depressing experience all round, off the pitch as much as anything.

And yeah, as mentioned above, that first firecracker was ****ING loud and sounded like a bomb. What a monumentally ****ing stupid thing to do in the current climate with live events.

Imagine that there had been a panic, in a section of the crowd in response to that explosion (most probably in the away end itself as they were in the closest proximity), and somebody had fallen and broken a leg, or worse still been crushed, or suffered a heart attack?

Would those responsible have been found liable to criminal charges? - pretty serious ones, potentially.
Would the 'who really cares' attitude of the rank and file Palace supporters have quickly changed?

Or would it be Sussex Police's fault, or perhaps the Albion's fault, for 'having low turnstiles'?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They burned their own town, they burn Grenfell effigies, they shove their own supporters out of their seats, they get their own season ticket holders permanently turfed out of their own seats, they hurdle turnstiles, they beat up stewards. Its Palace. Its just what they do.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
They burned their own town, they burn Grenfell effigies, they shove their own supporters out of their seats, they get their own season ticket holders permanently turfed out of their own seats, they hurdle turnstiles, they beat up stewards. Its Palace. Its just what they do.

They are Palace, it's just what they do...

Quite a ring to it...now is there a toon that would fit?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Imagine that there had been a panic, in a section of the crowd in response to that explosion (most probably in the away end itself as they were in the closest proximity), and somebody had fallen and broken a leg, or worse still been crushed, or suffered a heart attack?

Would those responsible have been found liable to criminal charges? - pretty serious ones, potentially.
Would the 'who really cares' attitude of the rank and file Palace supporters have quickly changed?

Or would it be Sussex Police's fault, or perhaps the Albion's fault, for 'having low turnstiles'?

Probably the guys in charge of who gets to sit where behind the goal at Palace.

#classyclub

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Can you expand on your view that WE burnt down our town and effigies of Grenfell?
If you’re going down that generalisation route, can I refer to you lot as smack head dossers ?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Can you expand on your view that WE burnt down our town and effigies of Grenfell?
If you’re going down that generalisation route, can I refer to you lot as smack head dossers ?

I can refer to you as a palace fan. I'm sorry, I know it's a disgusting thing to say but you are a dirty little palace fan that is, somewhat understandably, a Brighton wannabe, which is why you constantly infest this board. F#*k off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Call us lot what you like, you usually do.

At least one of the berks arrested for burning the effigy was revealed to be a Palace fan. Its quite common knowledge.

As for all the rioters, looters, arsonists and south London scrotes in Croydon that night...yes, you're probably right, I'm sure they all support Man U, or Peterborough or something. Angelic Palace fans would never involve themselves in anything like that, just as they were ALL perfect little cherubs at the Amex last season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As for all the rioters, looters, arsonists and south London scrotes in Croydon that night...yes, you're probably right, I'm sure they all support Man U, or Peterborough or something. Angelic Palace fans would never involve themselves in anything like that, just as they were ALL perfect little cherubs at the Amex last season.

Probably all off-duty Sussex Police officers..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
c550 tickets left to sell by the look of it, half of which are in the East block immediately next to the firework-and-knuckleduster crew.

Will this one sell out?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
c550 tickets left to sell by the look of it, half of which are in the East block immediately next to the fireworks and knuckleduster crew.

Will this one sell out?
Tickets are selling slowly and steadily. I guess it will get close with the last few hard to shift seats not sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here