Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Oh dear. So Corbyn now wants all military action to be approved by both parliament AND the UN ! Firstly how does he suggest the government, of any colour, manages to make a swift decision if parliament has to approve it ? Secondly, he does he propose to get around vetos in the UN security council ? The guy is very scary as a future PM !!!!!

Not at all scary as we'd never go up against anyone (unless it was a country that didn't have Russia, China or the USA as an ally - so maybe Australia or Switzerland?). And, of course, we'd all need to go round in HazMat suits as everyone would be using Novichok and nobody would be able to prove who supplied it. A great time to be alive..........

heathgate

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 13, 2015
You're making it sound like he's giving them the house where as what he is doing is providing accommodation. They won't actually own it.

The guy is a buffoon but that doesn't mean you can twist what he says for your own political gratification!!
Oh yes it does.... especially when JC is once more promising the impossible and the improbable....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
....and since Russia will veto any UN action... it doesn't matter what atrocities are committed in Syria, a future Labour government will do absolutely NOTHING.

46228de24b3e399d1e07c2b8e9fa9e33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Make of it what you will...

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 40% (+3)
LAB: 40% (-4)
LDEM: 9% (-)
UKIP: 3% (-)
GRN: 1% (-1)

via @Survation, 14 Apr
Chgs. w/ 08 Mar

Strange that you never posted the previous poll where Labour were 7 ahead ?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Make of it what you will...

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 40% (+3)
LAB: 40% (-4)
LDEM: 9% (-)
UKIP: 3% (-)
GRN: 1% (-1)

via @Survation, 14 Apr
Chgs. w/ 08 Mar

Once again, you selectively post polls. There were four voting intention polls published yesterday. Why not post them all, instead of the one which reflects most favourably on the Tories? (in terms of Labour losses and Tory gains)

YouGov: CON 40%(-2), LAB 40%(-1), LDEM 9%(+2)

Opinium: CON 40%(-2), LAB 40%(nc), LDEM 7%(+1)

ComRes: CON 40%, LAB 41%, LDEM 7%

Therefore, what I make of it, is that largely speaking, it doesn't seem like much has changed. The Tories and Labour are still neck-and-neck. No point in looking at just one poll as it can easily be an outlier.

3T8t.gif

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The thought of Corbyn being anywhere near No. 10 is scary. We'd be sitting ducks as everyone would know we'd never retaliate no matter what they did.

We ? you are sat in Denmark apparently.

Are you a Danish/Russian cyber troll in the pay of the FSB ?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Once again, you selectively post polls. There were four voting intention polls published yesterday. Why not post them all, instead of the one which reflects most favourably on the Tories? (in terms of Labour losses and Tory gains)

Therefore, what I make of it, is that largely speaking, it doesn't seem like much has changed. The Tories and Labour are still neck-and-neck. No point in looking at just one poll as it can easily be an outlier.

View attachment 96065

Great polls, so what they are showing is even though we have a shit government with a maniac in no 10 the opposition are shit!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not sure mentioning Labour being 7 points ahead is that wise .... ask HT !

I do like Titanic with his perpetual Tory Boy posts, I was just reminding him that if Labour are -4 and the Tories +3 then previously .......

larus

Not seen any Corbynites yet saying how we could get UN approval for any action in Syria.

Let’s assume that all of the countries and organisations who have come out and backed the US, UK and French view that the was a chemical attack and it was instigated by Assad’s regime are correct (I realise that some may say this is unproven).

With that assumption, how can there be UN resolutions? Russia will vote against, and it needs unanimity. There’d be as much point as putting the KKK as all jury members in a case of a white guy killing a black guy.

Please, can a Corbin supporter explain his ‘Logic’.

IMO, the UN is a complete waste of time. It can’t resolve anything like this and never has done.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

View attachment 96065

A rare visit from me to a political thread because I largely can't be arsed with it all.

I'd not seen any of these polls before, but if we take them as being correct, then isn't that really worrying for Labour?

Corbyn is supposedly hugely popular and May really unpopular, leading a supposedly calamitous government mid-term. And the best Labour can do, under these favourable conditions, is be neck and neck with the Tories?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
A rare visit from me to a political thread because I largely can't be arsed with it all.

I'd not seen any of these polls before, but if we take them as being correct, then isn't that really worrying for Labour?

Corbyn is supposedly hugely popular and May really unpopular, leading a supposedly calamitous government mid-term. And the best Labour can do, under these favourable conditions, is be neck and neck with the Tories?

Seems like you're trying to bait - but I'll answer anyway.

May's not particularly popular, but when has it ever been said that Corbyn is hugely popular? He's hugely popular with Labour party members, but hugely unpopular with the media, and has never been particularly popular with the public at large. Labour are neck and neck despite endless attacks from the media.

People's perceptions of May are currently better than that of Corbyn. These kind of questions are extremely fickle and depend on what particular question is being asked, but the latest polls I can see say this:

On how well/badly Theresa May is doing as Prime Minister:

Well: 41% (+4)
Badly: 47% (-4)

On how well/badly Jeremy Corbyn is doing as Labour Party leader:

Well: 31% (-14)
Badly: 56% (+19)

via @YouGov, 04 - 05 Apr
Chgs w/ Dec 2017

Labour probably should be doing better in the polls, but I don't think there's much point in paying loads of attention to polls at this stage, as I doubt there will be an election any time soon. To say it's 'really worrying' I think is pretty dramatic. The political scene has changed massively in recent years, and big political events are likely to have a big impact on people's voting intention over the next few years. Which way it will go, I've no idea. Both Labour and the Conservatives are polling highly because the smaller parties have collapsed. UKIP are irrelevant. Lib Dems are the biggest shambles of them all. And I think the Greens have missed a real opportunity to become far bigger.

Labour made massive gains on the Tories during the election period, and I'd say it's a positive to have mostly maintained those gains, and it's something to build on for them. We've also seen what an election campaign can do. When the public were exposed to more of what Corbyn and May are actually like, rather than how they are represented by the media, Corbyn came out favourably. If someone like Boris came in for May, I think we'd see the same. Reading and listening the Tory MPs, they regularly tell clear lies about what Corbyn and/or Labour have said on particular issues, but they don't seem to be called out on it much. Corbyn and Labour should do more to combat this - partly by being clearer in interviews they give.

I also suspect Labour will gain an advantage from those who become eligible to vote during the next election, and those who will no longer be with us, resulting in a change in the eligible voting population. If boundary changes manage go through, however, that will be a disadvantage.

Overall - could do better, but not disastrous. It was looking disastrous this time last year, where it looked like the Labour vote had collapsed.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Labour neck and neck with the Tories with Corbyn the clown in charge. If you had someone decent in charge the Tories would blown away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here