• None - they're all a load of toss

Votes: 11 9.4%

• Total voters

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've just never seen Cricket as being very popular. Certainly in my friends and family no one watches it.

The SECOND most popular sport in England you mean? There are absolutely LOADS of cricket clubs in Sussex. As an example, I play for Keymer and Hassocks (3 teams) and nearby are St James (5 teams), Ditchling (2/3 teams?), Burgess Hill (3 teams), Cuckfield (4 teams), Ansty (3 teams) etc. etc. That's just in a TINY area, so it's no wonder so many people watch it.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
The SECOND most popular sport in England you mean? There are absolutely LOADS of cricket clubs in Sussex. As an example, I play for Keymer and Hassocks (3 teams) and nearby are St James (5 teams), Ditchling (2/3 teams?), Burgess Hill (3 teams), Cuckfield (4 teams), Ansty (3 teams) etc. etc. That's just in a TINY area, so it's no wonder so many people watch it.

Fair enough. I think i've been pretty sheltered from it.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Having been stuck motionless for 2 hours outside Basingstoke Station this morning stuck on a Train ,Cricket would be nice but i'm not in charge of the controls:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Fair enough. I think i've been pretty sheltered from it.

Horses for courses obviously, but you couldn't pick a better time to take an interest in it the cricket. You never know you might enjoy it :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
80% Wimbledon, 20% TMS. Gasquet vs Djoko is already looking a BEAST of a match.

What's meant by "general admission" at Hove? Is it worth paying an extra fiver to go elsewhere?

I wish that was true, but the Djok game is pretty much done and dusted already. An easy straight sets win with Djokovic seemingly, 2 sets and a break up. :(

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

According to the folk at Sussex CCC, there are 294 clubs just in Sussex - it's still a pretty big sport.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
According to the folk at Sussex CCC, there are 294 clubs just in Sussex - it's still a pretty big sport.

I heard a stat once (not sure if it's still valid) that there are more cricket clubs in Sussex than there are in the whole of Australia.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cricket. Didn't realise that the tennis was still on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Slightly off topic...i know what my sport of choice will be 4 weeks tonight....seems weird being only that time to go...only just started the Test series in cricket

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the Ashes is the biggest sporting event outside football

TdF gets the nod over Tennis

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

How very dare you ! Burgess Hill St Andrews also have 5 teams out tomorrow I think (it might be 4, but all 5 are in various leagues). Wivelsfield play on Sundays and have a few STA players.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
None mentioned really. Instead I will take part in a sorrowful boozing event. I turn 40 tomorrow and I intend to feel too sickly to notice throughout the day itself. Then, when I am 40 years and one day old, I suppose I will just be that and purchase an honorary cardigan and begin writing letters of complaint in a few directions. The girlfriend won't like the first couple of them, I have to say.

Happy Birthday old fruit.

40 ? You're a spring chicken. Put your pen away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here