Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnet tickets

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fair play to the club.

I expect that there will be loads of people that consider it is just a tenner so they can get the points.

But they are forgetting that the club will use advance sales to predict the beer, pies, facilities, police presence, stewarding etc. all of which will cost it money so I can understand them wanting to avoid rewarding people that are taking the pi$$

I'm not that bothered tbh but why not just be explicit with that message. As far as I'm concerned when I bought that I was informed I would be getting 15 points , no where does it mention that you need to go through the turnstile.

If I lived near Brighton I would go but it's a 4 hour round trip for me from West London.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'm not that bothered tbh but why not just be explicit with that message. As far as I'm concerned when I bought that I was informed I would be getting 15 points , no where does it mention that you need to go through the turnstile.

If I lived near Brighton I would go but it's a 4 hour round trip for me from West London.

I can see both sides and agree that they should be explicit upfront that would also keep their costs down) But I expect it is a case that it will cost them say £3 for everyone that they expect to be there, so the £10 will cover their costs and add a little more whilst also not rewarding the people that purchased without intending to go.Taking the piss may have been a little harsh!

I would also go but its a similar round trip for me.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I can see both sides and agree that they should be explicit upfront that would also keep their costs down) But I expect it is a case that it will cost them say £3 for everyone that they expect to be there, so the £10 will cover their costs and add a little more whilst also not rewarding the people that purchased without intending to go.Taking the piss may have been a little harsh!

I would also go but its a similar round trip for me.

Don't get your reasoning there. At the end of the day the club make a 7 quid profit from me whether I turn up or not !

If they are going to implement this in future then they will lose money. Up to them....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't get your reasoning there. At the end of the day the club make a 7 quid profit from me whether I turn up or not !

If they are going to implement this in future then they will lose money. Up to them....

Loyalty isn't just measured in £££. The club are right to acknowledge that.

Why should you get 15 loyalty points for half a dozen clicks of a mouse, when I've dragged my arse to the Amex on a Tuesday night to watch our reserves play some 2-bob noddy outfit, in an empty stadium, in a competition I don't give a shit about, when I could be down the pub.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Why should you get 15 loyalty points for half a dozen clicks of a mouse, when I've dragged my arse to the Amex on a Tuesday night to watch our reserves play some 2-bob noddy outfit, in an empty stadium, in a competition I don't give a shit about, when I could be down the pub.

You're really looking forward to this evening, aren't you?
:jester:

Lush

Mods' Pet

And to support the team in person.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're really looking forward to this evening, aren't you?
:jester:

:lolol:

Wellll...I'm not dreading it quite as much as I've made out tbh. It'll make a change to sit somewhere else in the ground I suppose, and its a chance to have a look at some of the new fringers. But I am not in the least bit fussed about this competition, and couldn't really care less if we bomb out tbh.

#badfan

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

But if you turned up and had a burger and a pint, plus a programme then it would be more than that so the £7 profit is a sweetener for them

Completely agree that less will buy a ticket in the future but you would assume that there is someone behind the scenes doing the stats that has figured out that the club will be better off if less tickets are sold but people are actually there

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Hope it is. Harvesting loyalty points without actually turning up to the game defeats the object a bit dunnit ?

It's funny you say this but wouldn't you be a bit peeved if a family issue, illness or injury rendered you unable to go at last minute only to have your points not awarded and the failure to award you points meant you don't qualify for a "bigger game"?

I'm with you in spirit however the club would be hard pushed to justify blanket non award of points on the basis of no scan/no points and then await a flood of ad hoc complaints?

It would end up like Ferris Bueler with the demand of a corpse/selfie with arm in cast/AA man attending to car/audio file of feud with wife etc with decisions on awards to be made based on panel decision.

It's not practical either way.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's funny you say this but wouldn't you be a bit peeved if a family issue, illness or injury rendered you unable to go at last minute only to have your points not awarded and the failure to award you points meant you don't qualify for a "bigger game"?

I'm with you in spirit however the club would be hard pushed to justify blanket non award of points on the basis of no scan/no points and then await a flood of ad hoc complaints?

It would end up like Ferris Bueler with the demand of a corpse/selfie with arm in cast/AA man attending to car/audio file of feud with wife etc with decisions on awards to be made based on panel decision.

If I was ill enough to not go then I wouldn't expect the points. That's life.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I'm a 'scanner'. You could always hire me in the future, I'll even pay my own bus fare :D

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
If I was ill enough to not go then I wouldn't expect the points. That's life.

But it isn't though, and nor should it be.

Fair enough for a sold out game - would have to be in a cup as Can't see anyone buying a >£30 home ticket for a league game just for points - but then the chances of someone not using their ticket are reduced anyway.

Early round home cup matches are a bit of a ball ache for the club because almost certainly the cost of hosting exceeds the gate receipts even when keenly priced to attract people they'd much rather have the cash even if people choose not to come.

Fwiw I bought a ticket (work and live in London) had every intention of coming then screwed my back at the weekend and have spent the day limping around the office in agony and at about 2.30 today thought annoying though it is i just can't see the merits of the two hours each way and an after midnight home time v resting up and recuperating so I stand a chance of getting better.

If we were playing say Man United or equivalent (not possible this round before anyone says anything) then I probably would have gone and put up with the pain.

Does that make me worthy of losing points for not scanning in?

I don't think so...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Big difference you live close by. There's no comparison to our situations.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

They would then have to deduct points from STH for every game they don't turn up. I can't imagine that would go down too well!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here