Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving to Watford

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
If you want to avoid J 17/18
Exit onto M40 for London.
Then come off at the Denham turn off, follow signs for A40 Amersham.
Then T/R A412 for Watford.
There are several routes you can take from there to Watford, via the back roads through either Harefield or Rickmansworth.
The roads aren't that bad.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

That is very good, locally sourced advice.

I would have recommended using a train for a short last leg of the journey to avoid the parking challenges but unfortunately there is no Overground connection over the weekend and the Metropolitan Line terminus at Watford is a long walk.

If you use the roof car park at Pinner Underground station ( next to Sainsburys), it is free on the weekends and then get the Met line to Watford (15 minute journey). Then it is a 0.9 mile walk 15-20 minutes to Vicarage Road. Probably quicker than queueing up in and out of the snarled up Watford Ring Road (Bank Holiday Weekend) traffic. Parking up somewhere unrestricted near Rickmansworth Met Line tube station is also an option and closer, ditto Croxley.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That is very good, locally sourced advice.

I would have recommended using a train for a short last leg of the journey to avoid the parking challenges but unfortunately there is no Overground connection over the weekend and the Metropolitan Line terminus at Watford is a long walk.

If you use the roof car park at Pinner Underground station ( next to Sainsburys), it is free on the weekends and then get the Met line to Watford (15 minute journey). Then it is a 0.9 mile walk 15-20 minute to Vicarage Road. Probably quicker than queueing up in and out of the snarled up Watford Ring Road (Bank Holiday Weekend) traffic.

Even better :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
M25 can be a right pain on a Saturday Evening.

Take M4 west and take the M5 south just after Bristol. At Exeter take the A30 and A31 East, eventually picking up the M27/A27.

As it will now nearly be midnight, the roundabouts at Chichester should be clear.

Take care whilst drivng in Devon at dusk, especially when crossing the river Axe. I understand it can get very Choppy.

Not very clever. If you can get to the M4 you should make the M3 and then come off at the M27. Should save a shed load in petrol and save the planet.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
FFS - don't pick an argument for the sake of it without any knowledge of the facts.

This is one of the places where they used to recommend football fans to park. Same at Leicester when they were at Filbert Street. Both have plenty of parking available and they charge a premium for football parking which - I assume - all goes back into hospital funds.

As you say the hospital is one of the recommended parking sites for Watford FC I've always parked there when I drive. I think the criticism is mainly from younger self righteous supporters who just want to jump on the bash Bens Granddad bandwagon.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
As you say the hospital is one of the recommended parking sites for Watford FC I've always parked there when I drive. I think the criticism is mainly from younger self righteous supporters who just want to jump on the bash Bens Granddad bandwagon.

er.. not really. I don't think it's a good idea either (and I'm 62). I think BG's information is several years out of date. The PL site clearly states, under "arriving at Vicarage Road by car" the following: "Parking is not permitted at Watford General Hospital."
https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/33/Watford/stadium
Even without this information, common sense would suggest that clogging up a hospital car park with matchday supporters' cars is a wee bit on the selfish side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
er.. not really. I don't think it's a good idea either (and I'm 62). I think BG's information is several years out of date. The PL site clearly states, under "arriving at Vicarage Road by car" the following: "Parking is not permitted at Watford General Hospital."
https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/33/Watford/stadium
Even without this information, common sense would suggest that clogging up a hospital car park with matchday supporters' cars is a wee bit on the selfish side.

I did say that it was some years ago and may have changed with Watfords rise to the Premier.so it may not be appropriate now. Also the numbers of cars and the useage has increased significantly since then.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Injure someone on the way into Watford, offer to take them to A&E by way of apology and then drop them off home, once the game is finished - simple

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here