Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest Green Rovers proposed stadium made from wood.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Looks bigger than 5.000 capacity to me, looks good though.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Nailsworth is a nice village but is just outside Stroud - that's a decent sized town from where teams has its support base.
The new stadium is planned for a new eco park in a green field development by the M5 slightly closer to Stroud.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Forest -Green- Rovers....rather fitting name that if trees are felled to build it,i suppose Rover will be happy for walkies.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Yes they have very impressive support. I think the Veltins Arena's capacity is 62,000.

Most of the support is drawn from the greater Ruhr area, and Eastern Holland. Schalke though have a global network of around 140,000 members. (Which makes tickets very difficult to obtain, the deal with an internet reseller was torn up after a huge fan protest.) They are one of the most traditional clubs in Germany having won most of the titles pre war. Indeed they have never won the Bundesliga. (Last title in 58 prior to the new league set up.) The rivalry with Bayern and Dortmund is only recent. The traditional rivals were Rot Weiss Essen, a point which is still bought home to me by RWE fans in Essen where I base on my trips to home games.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
He's the founder and CEO of Ecotricity, voted best energy company by Which magazine last year. Having recently switched to them, I agree: hands down the best customer service I have ever experienced. I say good luck to him and I hope they build that ground, from sustainable sources - naturally. Ahem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here