Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Up to that point I was with you all the way!

Ha ha. Just trying to make a point. As someone else said, this is all getting rather out of hand. I'm not sure whether I'm an apologist for Hitler (per Boris), or a traitor, or just someone trying to contribute to the debate. Hopefully we can keep our cool as 23rd June approaches :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Loving some of the posters in this thread, you know the same ones who hate the Tories, hate the banks, hate big business, but on this occassion are hanging their hats on everything these lot say as if it was gospel.

:lolol:

Priceless.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
What would us (that's me) Brexiters be doing now,speaking and against the country or would i be acting for the country....

We'd be hunted and hung! Speaking out against the country 200yrs ago would end in execution predominately. It was all about those with the power influence and economy then and it is now. Likewise if you shouted loudly that a foreign regime be given the keys to our sovereignty you would also be hung. It was and is about powerful people/business holding the reigns tight.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He gave his opinon as the President of the USA. He has every right to say what he thinks is the best interest of his country and by extension ours. But perhaps another person @Bladders thinks is out of his depth

:facepalm: Sweet Jesus, you're like an open goal. :lolol:

:goal:

Better mention £4300, been a few pages since you drilled that FACT home. :lolol:

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
any recommendations of who to use

I used Ancestry predominately but to be honest you end up using allsorts of information outlets.
My family tree was completed as much as I am able to a while back but it is great doing it.
I have TWO transported relatives to Hobart in the early 1800's.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Big business is whining because a Leave vote will result in 5 to 10 (or more) years of uncertainty whilst we renegotiate all our trade deals. Plus, given that the motivating factor for most Brexiteers is immigration, the likelihood is that any new arrangements will result in significant tariffs for trade with our EU partners. In other words, Big business is worried about the increased costs of doing business. That would seem to be a legitimate concern.

Just like the trade deal with China?? That brings us cheap goods. Trade deal, what has the EU ever negotiated that has benefited us? As for free trade, one of my vehicles delivered to Holland last week, it cost us £53 to cross Belgium in vignettes, free trade, I don't think so!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Had a lovely meal at a Greek restaurant today.

The topic of the EU referendum cropped up.

Their view?

GET OUT GET OUT AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

They were very sad their own country has been lost and swallowed up by the EU with no real chance of leaving if they wanted to. They know they have to stay to survive now as they're ****ed.

Very sad.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We'd be hunted and hung! Speaking out against the country 200yrs ago would end in execution predominately. It was all about those with the power influence and economy then and it is now. Likewise if you shouted loudly that a foreign regime be given the keys to our sovereignty you would also be hung. It was and is about powerful people/business holding the reigns tight.

this pleases me and i will stand or fall or even be HUNG for voting OUT!!

I used Ancestry predominately but to be honest you end up using allsorts of information outlets.
My family tree was completed as much as I am able to a while back but it is great doing it.
I have TWO transported relatives to Hobart in the early 1800's.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just like the trade deal with China?? That brings us cheap goods. Trade deal, what has the EU ever negotiated that has benefited us? As for free trade, one of my vehicles delivered to Holland last week, it cost us £53 to cross Belgium in vignettes, free trade, I don't think so!!

If you think that's bad, just wait until we're out. Of course we MAY be able to negotiate a better deal with China, to make up for the fact that we can only trade with the EU with massive tariffs. But who knows. That's the lottery of a Brexit - we just don't know.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You're right, let's think long term. For example the £4300 we'll all be losing every year by 2030 because we've cut ourselves adrift from our biggest economic partner.
Mwahahahahaha!

And you know this how?

Sent straight from the boot of Lingard

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm trying to remain objective! And I'm not an "I'm alright Jack" type. Actually, what REALLY worries me is the future for my children. Both are in their early twenties - both have a huge amount to lose if we exit the EU. That is my opinion. I'm basing it on all the information I have to hand. The vast majority has been gleaned from the FT. Yes - I'm a nerdy accountant, but what that means is that I read an awful lot, and mostly make sure I deal in facts.

And you are right to say that I have no idea what the future arrangements will be - that is the WHOLE BLOODY POINT. The Brexit camp have had YEARS to prepare for this, and I have still to read or hear any coherent plan from the Leave campaign regarding what the hell will happen after a Leave vote. Are we going to negotiate a deal like Norway? Or Switzerland? Or Albania (per Michael Gove)? What will it look like? I am not a great admirer of the EU, but it is the safe option to vote REMAIN. I'm generally risk averse, especially when it comes to my future, my kids' future, and my financial well-being. It wouldn't take much for the Leave camp to set out a clear strategy for what will happen post Brexit, and reassure me that my future will be in safe hands. However, the fact that over 50% of the population still currently wants to stay IN a widely despised organisation is testimony to the utter balls up the Leave Campaign is making.

We don't even know if Calde will be able to stay on, post Brexit!!!

Ah I see where you have been going wrong .. relying on the FT for information. [MENTION=25549]5ways[/MENTION] has a similar problem. That paper would have convinced you it would have been a good idea to join the Euro.

On a more serious note I do have some sympathy for your frustration at the Brexit camp not having a more coherent vision of our future outside the EU or at least setting out some red lines for negotiation.

Unfortunately I think fear of the unknown will be a decisive factor which is a shame as this will probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity for every UK citizen to wield true power. Looks like we will just end up doing as we're told.

Don't mention Calde! :cry:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had a lovely meal at a Greek restaurant today.

The topic of the EU referendum cropped up.

Their view?

GET OUT GET OUT AS SOON AS YOU CAN.

They were very sad their own country has been lost and swallowed up by the EU with no real chance of leaving if they wanted to. They know they have to stay to survive now as they're ****ed.

Very sad.

Guess they were not among the 2,300,000 Greeks who democratically voted to stay in the EU and accept the bailout package just 8 months ago?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If you think that's bad, just wait until we're out. Of course we MAY be able to negotiate a better deal with China, to make up for the fact that we can only trade with the EU with massive tariffs.

Once again complete supposition. Why would the EU put huge trade tariffs on us? They like trading with us and would want to see it continue.

Another case of a remainer not wishing to state just how great the EU is, as it's not, but simply trying to scare people from voting for freedom.

Sent straight from the boot of Lingard

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Ah I see where you have been going wrong .. relying on the FT for information. [MENTION=25549]5ways[/MENTION] has a similar problem. That paper would have convinced you it would have been a good idea to join the Euro.

On a more serious note I do have some sympathy for your frustration at the Brexit camp not having a more coherent vision of our future outside the EU or at least setting out some red lines for negotiation.

Unfortunately I think fear of the unknown will be a decisive factor which is a shame as this will probably be a once in a lifetime opportunity for every UK citizen to wield true power. Looks like we will just end up doing as we're told.

Don't mention Calde! :cry:

I can't honestly remember the FT's view on the Euro. They may have been wrong. Whatever, I very much value it as just about the only newspaper in the UK that doesn't have a blatant political stance. Its journalists are generally absolutely top notch.

In all seriousness, if we vote to Remain on 23rd June, that doesn't mean the opportunity for a Brexit is lost. We don't actually need another referendum. If (say) UKIP and a right of centre Tory party splinter group formed a government after the 2020 elections, then we could just have a vote in the House of Commons. Leaving the EU does NOT require a referendum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here