⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Gus Poyet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bit of a surprise, you'd have thought such a decision would have been discussed in advance.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Meh. Whatevs.

CH moves up the longest-serving managers list :albion2:

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I sincerely hope they aren't looking to replace him with an English Manager who would be a steady hand on the tiller ....... unless it's Sean Dyche of course!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did anyone see Wenger's departure coming? I doubt he did.

Anyway, thank Christ for that. I'm tired of reading about the Wenger saga. Perhaps now Arsenal's appallingly fickle support can remeber the man who made their club what they are. It's turned to shìt recently of course, but even in the last 3 or 4 years they've won trophies. Over the years he has won titles and cups and his success allowed them to build a stadium that dwarfed their London rivals for years.

And the rest of us should probably be thankful to him as well. He revolutionised the way players trained, thought about their diets, he brought in quality players from abroad, and if he hadn't been there we'd have had to put up with Man Utd winning EVERYTHING for years and years. (It's bad enough that they were as dominant as they were even with Arsenal competing against them).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was very much expected as around the time that we beat them the press were saying they had lined up Julian Naggelsman of 1899 Hogffenheim to take over in time for next season and Wenger to leave possibly on the back of a Euro trophy

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Favourite is Thomas Tuchel from Borussia Dortmund

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wow ! Thought he would have to be assassinated in order to get him out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
German National manager to take over ?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Arsenal fans in my office were literally jumping up and down and shouting with excitement when the news broke. Speaks volumes :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here