Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Speaking about the "six tests" Labour set the government to decide whether to support the final Brexit deal in a Commons vote, he said: "Well let's just take one test - the exact same benefits. Bollocks.

"Always has been bollocks and it remains it.

"We know very well that we cannot have the exact same benefits and actually it would have made sense - because it was the Tories that said they were going to secure the exact same benefits - and our position should have been to say they have said they are going to secure the exact same benefits and we are going to hold them to that standard."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43710728

Surely he is a goner?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It’s sunny and 23 degrees today....keep coming my friends. My door is always open to help you.

Thought you would be a bit more wary of open door immigration by now HT :whistle:

MIGRANTS IN EUROPE LINKED TO SOARING VIOLENCE AND CRIME IN GERMANY, STUDY FINDS

A Germany university found that a 10.4 percent increase in violent crime was linked to an influx of migrants into the country's southern region.

The increase in crime took place in 2015 and 2016 at the height of the European migration crisis, when German Chancellor Angela Merkel ignored E.U. rules and allowed an open-door policy for migrants entering the state from war-torn Syria.

More than 90 percent of the 10.4 percent increase in reported violent crimes was attributed to young male migrants in Germany's southern state of Lower Saxony, according to a new study from the Zurich University of Applied Sciences. A huge wave of migrants flooded into the European Union in 2015 from countries through Greece and Turkey that led to more than one million migrants applying for asylum in Germany.... The study funded by Germany's Ministry of Family Affairs found that many violent crimes reported by police in that time linked to male migrants between 14 and 30 years old, according to Deutsche Welle....Economically powerful and populous Germany often sets the tone for E.U. immigration policies. In September 2017, the Court of Justice ruled that E.U. countries had to reach a quota of immigrants and that the quota was "necessary to respond effectively and swiftly to an emergency situation characterized by a sudden inflow of displaced persons" despite resistance in Hungary, Slovakia and other member countries.

http://www.newsweek.com/migrants-europe-violence-crime-germany-study-770105

Migrant crime in Germany rises by 50 per cent, new figures show

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...e-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Indeed, he does seem to be in a pretty deep hole. So what do you think? Will Jezza sack him?

It's hard to know. The threshold for keeping your job or being sacked/forced to resign in the Labour party is rather erratic.

Calling for a second referendum = immediately sacked

Rubbishing Labour Brexit policy and fibbing = stay in post

Three quarters of Labour MP's passing a vote of no confidence in the Dear Leader = stay in post

Defending antisemitic people/antisemitism = stay in position (unless heat gets too great)

Terrorist apologist = stay in post/promotion

Side with Russia/Syria/anyone but the west = stay in post/promotion/lead party.

Bizarrely this approach has only seen them drop a few points in the polls. Many have deserted the Dear Leader (eg Jewish people see Maureen Lipmann/ and anyone with a conscience/sense of decency ) but others have rallied to the cause (eg Nick Griffin).

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
How is the £ doing these days?

How do you want to measure it ? Against the Euro it's the highest it's been for the last month.

Looking good?

Market Optimism on Pound Sterling Hits Fresh Multi-Year High

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/8851-cftc-data-gbp-multi-year-high

Wonderfully low against the Euro.Creeping up against the US$

As the owner of a business that Exports of 100% of its products overseas, the low £ is fantastic for us.

That went well ..

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wonderfully low against the Euro.Creeping up against the US$

As the owner of a business that Exports of 100% of its products overseas, the low £ is fantastic for us.

It's going in the right direction for you ..... Capture.JPG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That went well ..

Hang on just a moment there. You've just quoted a post from one poster, proclaiming the £ at it's HIGHEST level against the € in a month, and another celebrating how 'wonderfully LOW' the £ is against the €, and you are claiming BOTH as a win?

You're an idiot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still nothing on this. Why the silence?

This one is easy isn't it?

The red one forces you to breeze through the arrivals halls of every European airport, whilst the blue one affords you the richer cultural experience of four hours queuing with the arrivals from Lagos and Dar el Salam, and the added excitement of hoping your visa application went through okay, and you don't get turned around. :thumbsup:

(I think the blue one also comes with a free poster of Catherine Zeta-Jones as Mariette Larkin)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That went well ..

Perhaps he can't read?

good stuff.png

This one has a picture,so might attract his attention!Perhaps I should explain that pond is BBC-speak for £.:lolol:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Still nothing on this. Why the silence?

Because you ignored the fact the passport contract is coming to an end ( something I stated when responding to you ). It had to change anyway so why not change the colour at the same time ? It didn't cost any more to do so. In fact it cost less. I guess you ignored the response because you were sulking in your unstated foreign climes.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Best attempt so far. But the colour of a passport does not determine if you require a visa or not. That is down to policies between countries.
So I still dont understand how the colour affects anything.

Well,it seems to have affected you.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
It requires someone time and effort to redesign. Why? For what reason? Just keep the old design. Are you seriously saying that redesigning something costs less than not? Yes the new contact is cheaper than the old one, but how much cheaper would it be if they didn't have to re-design it? Someone worked on it...did they not get payed?

Good grief .... it HAD to change .... the words European Union needed removing at the very minimum. You seem obsessed with the passport .... why ?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Hang on just a moment there. You've just quoted a post from one poster, proclaiming the £ at it's HIGHEST level against the € in a month, and another celebrating how 'wonderfully LOW' the £ is against the €, and you are claiming BOTH as a win?

You're an idiot.

I think he was joking about the contradictory responses i got asking the same question to 3 different people- hence that went well - beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I don't get why a) it had to change b) why it is such a big thing when it is no different c) why it is seen as a "victory" when it could have been blue before and d) where is the justification for changing it. I have not seen anything that even gets close to justifying it. All we have had is basically "I like blue better", which is not a justification.

a) Because we're leaving the EU and the contract was up
b) It's only remainers making a big deal of it
c) No it couldn't be blue before - we signed up to the deal that meant it had to follow the EU preferred design. It could have been blue if we hadn't signed up but we did.
d) Because the contract has come to an end AND we're leaving the EU ..... very simple really !!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thought you would be a bit more wary of open door immigration by now HT :whistle

Good point. When I read about the incraeasing number of Brits coming to Germany I must admit it did send a shudder down my spine; the football match against Amsterdam was a timely reminder of typical British behavior. I’m also aware of that London is losing control of its streets to gangs. That hard border with Britain can’t come soon enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here