Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Markus Suttner signs for £3.8m on 3 yr contract

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
All right.
Ingolstadt's Markus Suttner (30) will join the Premier League for the Brighton & Hove Albion promoter!
According to BILD information, the change is fixed, is to be officially announced today.
For weeks, the English have been hot on the left-back. FCI managing director and sports director Harald Gärtner remained stubborn. Boosted to at least 4.5 million transfer.

So does that mean Ingolstadt held out and weve paid 4.5m (euros i assume?)

Bet its an undisclosed fee.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Screenshot_20170712-222019.png

Screenshot_20170712-222140.png

Screenshot_20170712-223001.png

Sorry, I know these will have come out massive.

Had a very good season last season. Pass completion rate is all over the shop but everything else is great. His WhoScored average rating has him down as the joint 20th best player in the Bundesliga with an average the same as Arturo Vidal and higher than David Alaba...

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All right.
Ingolstadt's Markus Suttner (30) will join the Premier League for the Brighton & Hove Albion promoter!
According to BILD information, the change is fixed, is to be officially announced today.
For weeks, the English have been hot on the left-back. FCI managing director and sports director Harald Gärtner remained stubborn. Boosted to at least 4.5 million transfer.

It also says that he's having a medical in Austria today - so that fits

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
£4m is good value in my opinion. As far as his international career goes, it seems he is a bit of a Wayne Bridge, good enough but a slightly better Ashley Cole (Christian Fuchs) always keeps him out. We could get 4 quality seasons out of him! That's amazing value in the biggest and richest league in the whole wide world. :clap2:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Whilst the headline fee maybe quoted as EUR4m, there was probably a compromise that involved certain add-ons before we actually pay this. Mr Bloom does not budge.
Also the permanent transfer of Rob Hunt to Oldham has left us very short at FB.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Whilst the headline fee maybe quoted as EUR4m, there was probably a compromise that involved certain add-ons before we actually pay this. Mr Bloom does not budge.
Also the permanent transfer of Rob Hunt to Oldham has left us very short at FB.

When did that happen? Nothing on our or Oldhams website that I can see.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Slowly turning into a German team. Nothing wrong with that, a winners mentality, and no penalties will be missed in any shoot outs.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
http://www.donaukurier.de/sport/fussball/fcingolstadt04/fc04-berichte/Angerberg-DKmobil-Rekordabloese-fuer-Suttner;art19158,3459755

Their manager is a tad bitter.

"I wonder if the English no longer have any footballers and must always be a player in Germany,"

I think he must have been extremely bitter. According to Google translate "Coach Maik Walpurgis took the exit with gallows". . I can understand him being a tad disappointed but hanging himself was a bit extreme. "Trainer Maik Walpurgis nahm den Abgang mit Galgenhumor".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here