Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, but to suggest he's untouchable isn't helpful to anyone- I don't think its right that its just brushed over either and given the ooooh who cares its Poyet being a dick again. For a manager to do that is actually quite a bad thing you know and it's OK to be pissed out with him about it. Christ.

If he actually did it, it's not THAT far off the managerial equivalent of what Tevez did when he refused to come off the bench and it needs to be pointed out to him in no uncertain terms that it is unacceptable behaviour.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He's a childest ignorant stroppy child. Hope he goes. not for us. Having three of the best wingers on the bench but prefers to play 7 defensive players? Jesus Christ.

Who would you have as manager actu....

Actually, hang on - it may as well just be you, seeing as you seems to have a massive knowledge of what teams to play. Im sure you will pissed off when you make a mistake in your team selection as well and further pissed off to constantly get criticised by his clubs own fans. I havent actually seen you post something positive today, the moment you do will be an amazing moment in the history of NSC.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No, but to suggest he's untouchable isn't helpful to anyone- I don't think its right that its just brushed over either and given the ooooh who cares its Poyet being a dick again. For a manager to do that is actually quite a bad thing you know and it's OK to be pissed out with him about it. Christ.

Or he could just stand there with an umbrella like Steve Mclaren doing f*** all. He's passionate, he's a bit crazy, and that's what makes him such a fascinating personality that the players want to play for.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
He had made all his substitutions, and couldn't affect the game any further. The referee despite allowing 6 minutes injury time was giving us absolutely nothing. I think it was a way for Gus to make a statement without incurring a fine or suspenison. Gave a chance for the away end to give him a good send off. Didn't hear any murmurs of discontent about Gus in the away end.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

OK, so we've progressed past the idiotic "Poyet OUT" today at least. Thank christ for that.

Now if (IF) he's walked off with 5 minutes to play then I agree, thats petulant, shabby and unprofessional. And probably something that in hindsight he regrets
(again, I've seen nothing official yet to say this actually happened, theres no mention of it on the BBC and there was nothing on the commentry).

But you have to take the rough with the smooth with Gus - and he's given us more than enough smooth to afford the odd cock-up. Suggestions of binning him are utterly spasticated.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Gus always says that he decides the tactics/team selection etc, but then it's the responsibility of the players to carry out his instructions and make good decisions on the pitch. If they weren't, maybe that's why he lost his temper? And can you blame him?

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
cannot i believe what im reading on here gus for the sack jesus christ the mans a god probably the best manager of the albion in my lifetime get a grip guys

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I am genuinely staggered. One can only assume these morons saying Gus should be fired weren't around when losing was what we did almost every week. Get a f***ing grip, people, we're sixth in the Championship in our first season in it. When Gus took over, we were something like 20th in League One. But yeah, he's a useless manager :jester:

If he actually did it, it's not THAT far off the managerial equivalent of what Tevez did when he refused to come off the bench and it needs to be pointed out to him in no uncertain terms that it is unacceptable behaviour.

IF. More to the point he should be given the opportunity to explain himself. If he walked off to avoid any confrontation and further trouble from the FA, or to make a point about the standard of officiating then fair enough. It's just typical that the keyboard warriors, who weren't at the game, kick off without all the facts.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm not doubting how far we've come, for the record. But anyone defending Gus for walking out with 5 minutes to go as if thats OK needs to have a look at themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here