Votes: 151 49.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"Remain Camp"

She voted remain like 50% of the country. Not sure quite why anyone has to split the country in two based on how you voted.

She believes on what she negotiated, or more accurately that's all she could get.

If you are in the belief that any one in this country can ride into Brussels like a Crusader and take back exactly what they want you are cloud cuckoo land.

Collectively (and that's the important point), the countries in the EU are far more powerful that the United Kingdom.

Great post.

The vehemently Tory-hating branch of Remain conveniently forget that Corbyn//McDonnell/the current Labour leadership/major union bosses are lifelong Brexiteers. And still are. Seeing the EU as a club for big business, which succeeds in driving down wages by freedom of movement.

Bizarre that they choose to forgive Corbyn & Co for an anti-EU / pro-Brexit philosophy.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Christ, you really have bought in to the program haven't you ? Look at the state of the country and what passes for our " society " these days. So you are happy to see increasing homelessness, food banks, minimum wage/zero hours contracts and vulnerable people considering suicide ? The Tories have screwed so many people over and are carrying on with the tacit approval of morons like you that think the Labour party are the Khmer Rouge.

Lets hope you have a good job and good health and don't have to face the real world .

Record employment, wages rising faster than inflation, significant increases in the living wage, more people at the lowest end taken out of tax, fastest growth of the major European economies 'despite Brexit' yes there are still major problems but if anyone needs to take their blinkered, partisan, moronic head out of their arse it should be you.

The shadow chancellor has often stated he wants to bring down capitalism ffs :rolleyes:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Great post.

The vehemently Tory-hating branch of Remain conveniently forget that Corbyn//McDonnell/the current Labour leadership/major union bosses are lifelong Brexiteers. And still are. Seeing the EU as a club for big business, which succeeds in driving down wages by freedom of movement.

Bizarre that they choose to forgive Corbyn & Co for an anti-EU / pro-Brexit philosophy.

Add to that Labour MP Kate Hoey my ex MP.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"Remain Camp"

She voted remain like 50% of the country. Not sure quite why anyone has to split the country in two based on how you voted.

She believes on what she negotiated, or more accurately that's all she could get.

If you are in the belief that any one in this country can ride into Brussels like a Crusader and take back exactly what they want you are cloud cuckoo land.

Collectively (and that's the important point), the countries in the EU are far more powerful that the United Kingdom.

You’re just making stuff up now. I never said she didn’t try to get the best deal she could. I said she has no integrity as she voted remain and is negotiating to leave. She should have stepped down. Not that anyone else would have done a better job, Brexit is a fundamentally flawed concept.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Or has she negotiated something she knows won't get through Parliament; and then Parliament won't want a 'no deal' either - leaving them with the option of having a second referendum. At which the public might then vote to remain. Which is what she started out wanting.

Maybe she's a canny tactician?

Possibly, but everybody forgets the EU in the negotiations as if it's a couple of people in a room. It isn't - its a few of us against a number of people representing a number of other countries.

It's far from an equal negotiation.

Quite sinister in my opinion that you can't leave the EU without damage to your country, but such is life.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You’re just making stuff up now. I never said she didn’t try to get the best deal she could. I said she has no integrity as she voted remain and is negotiating to leave. She should have stepped down. Not that anyone else would have done a better job, Brexit is a fundamentally flawed concept.

I'm not making anything thing up and not quite sure what point you are making.

She was elected as leader of the party as someone who voted remain with the remit of taking us out.

At what point step down ? The minute she was elected ?

I think you are mistaken in believing May is as pro Europe as you think. She simply voted remain, the world isn't black and white.

I suspect there is a lot going on behind the scenes between Corbyn and May.

They both don't want another referendum and are as uncomfortable as each other (for different reasons) with the political unification of the EU.

I'm not sure Corbyn is behind free movement if he has the Unions in his eye.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

WTF.
So what if she voted remain and is now negotiating to leave. That doesnt leave her with no integrity, what utter rubbish.
If anything she simply acknowledged and respected the democratic vote and vowed to follow the instructions of the electorate as leader of the party currently designated to carry out the instruction of the voters even though she didnt agree with the result at the referendum.
That shows far more integrity than the politicians who have said "f### the voters, i will do everything to stop this"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's a bit distasteful Mel.

Really? Didn’t mean for it to be offensive, sorry if I have offended you. Tallest dwarf competition is a well known phrase, not something I made up.

D

Deleted member 22389

Considering the circumstances I think she has done the best job she could. Most people in her position would have crumbled by now from all the back stabbing. Got to hand it to her, she is mentally tough, and she will win a lot of supporters. Very easy to shout from the sidelines.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Considering the circumstances I think she has done the best job she could. Most people in her position would have crumbled by now from all the back stabbing. Got to hand it to her the women is mentally tough, and she will win a lot of supporters. Very easy to shout from the sidelines.

Totally agree with this, quite how she has managed to carry the Brexit can and the shit that has come with it, without walking away impresses me immensely.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
vegster;[B said:
8668418]I think you admire her dignified stoicism in the face of all reality as it matches your inability to face reality ? [/B]you are not even sure she is doing the right thing but hey ho, Good old Theresa, the modern day captain of the Titanic. She still went down with the ship, along with most of the people in 3rd class, which is an apt analogy for society today.

If you have nothing of any real value to contribute, other than baseless innuendo, then probably best you don't at all. Whether she is doing the right thing or not is irrelevant to the point -which is that she conducts herself with a quiet dignity in contrast to someone like you and your ilk who cannot resist personal jibes. On the subject of Brexit, I tend not to get involved, as I am not certain as to all the intricacies involved and readily admit that - I just wish others on here might do the same instead of pretending to be experts.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's amazing that May can continue the process of enforced austerity and 50% of the people here think she should stay on. There are continuing and ongoing cuts in funding for councils and further squeezes on pay for state employees. Mrs V's school has not been given a budget for books and materials and is she is expecting to go through
" Consultation " again at the end of this school year.

I'm just flabbergasted that so many people meekly accept that austerity has to happen like some kind of penance yet conveniently overlook that we are supposedly the 5th biggest economy in the world. Was it unemployed and disabled people who caused the 2008 financial crisis ?

Is it fair to penalise state employees and the poorest and weakest in society ? So 10 years of stagnating wage growth combined with cuts in public services, the rise of food banks and ever spiralling crime and homelessness yet she is seen as the best person for the job ? Yet we live in a world where the big corporations pay virtually no tax and a chief exec can walk away with a £75 wage and bonus for a year. Is this May's " Economy that works for everyone " ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really? Didn’t mean for it to be offensive, sorry if I have offended you. Tallest dwarf competition is a well known phrase, not something I made up.
Maybe I'm just being over sensitive. I think the way it was worded made it seem worse to me, as you were likening the dwarfs to a very bad bunch.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozzas quote obviously

He meant what was your statement of 21 being "miles off" based on.

What was it based on?

Listening to Brady on the radio this morning, it's pretty clear that 48 letters haven't been put in yet, so it certainly wasn't when you posted "Considering there had already been a load of letters handed in already I assume we are over the 48." on Friday morning.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It looks like Mogg and his team have lost their chance. The 48 should have gone in days ago in order to keep up the pressure. As it is it looks like they've shot their feet off and, even if there finally is a vote, she'll win and be safe for another year.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's amazing that May can continue the process of enforced austerity and 50% of the people here think she should stay on. There are continuing and ongoing cuts in funding for councils and further squeezes on pay for state employees. Mrs V's school has not been given a budget for books and materials and is she is expecting to go through
" Consultation " again at the end of this school year.

I'm just flabbergasted that so many people meekly accept that austerity has to happen like some kind of penance yet conveniently overlook that we are supposedly the 5th biggest economy in the world. Was it unemployed and disabled people who caused the 2008 financial crisis ?

Is it fair to penalise state employees and the poorest and weakest in society ? So 10 years of stagnating wage growth combined with cuts in public services, the rise of food banks and ever spiralling crime and homelessness yet she is seen as the best person for the job ? Yet we live in a world where the big corporations pay virtually no tax and a chief exec can walk away with a £75 wage and bonus for a year. Is this May's " Economy that works for everyone " ?

Too right. It's frightening that the UN report wasn't put to her during her interview this morning even. Brexit is actually providing some good cover for the PM and this disgusting government whilst everything else fails around them, unless you happen to be well off that is.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...as-inflicted-great-misery-on-citizens-un-says

Shocking.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here