Strong and Stable - Congratulations to Angela Merkel on a 4th term

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Have I just read this correctly: Merkel wants to give up being leader of her party but remain as Chancellor? How does that work then? This is one time that we can all say 'Wouldn't happen in England'

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think you’re being a bit premature. She will see out her record fourth term as leader of Germany and de facto leader of the EU.

:facepalm: Come on HT, you should know better than to make a political prediction !

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Back on theme.

Starbucks and Amazon are equally avoiding tax in of all places ...... Germany. No one but the illiterate would claim this is British issue.

Unfortunately, we need all the western nations to unite on the disgrace of their tax planning.

But some countries are doing rather nicely from this, with European company HQ's based there, making exaggerated charges to their subsidiaries to avoid tax. Step forward Ireland, Luxembourg and Netherlands.

Absolutely, but then thats why global multi nationals love the EU, the arch priest of multi national tax avoidance is none other than Jean Claude Juncker, and his “brass plate arrangements” when he ran Luxembourg.

Looking to the future I understand her successor is likely to be Friedrich Merz....

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/bl...l-deputy-for-its-german-operations-1453054735

With a unfair wind, if this uber capitalist shithouse is at the helm of the EU’s largest economy then thank Christ we are out....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION]. How’s it going?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Out of interest, if Boris kept shaking, wouldn't you make similar comments .... particularly as he's a Tory ?

I prefer to not mock people due to illness, so most likely no.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Genuine question but has it been explained as an illness?

She has said it’s an illness which no one should worry about, but has not revealed what it is, or whether it’s mental or physical.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-road-terrifying-sword-attack-Stuttgart.html

Man is hacked to death with a samurai sword 'by his ex-flatmate' in a Stuttgart street as hysterical witnesses scream in vain at the attacker to stop

Kazakh man was hacked to death in the middle of a residential road in Germany
His 28-year-old Syrian roommate was then arrested after the Stuttgart attack
Horrified onlookers tried in vain to save 36-year-old victim but he died at scene
Suspect fled on a bicycle and police found a 'sword-like object' in a nearby bush

Footage of the brutal slaying was shared on social media today and has been viewed more than 10,000 times.

It shows hysterical bystanders screaming at the suspect to stop as he stands over his helpless victim in the middle of the street and repeatedly slashes him with the sword.

Watching from the balcony of a nearby apartment, the woman filming says: 'Call the police. Did you call the police?'

A man replies: 'Yes, I did. He's totally stabbing him.'

The attacker is then seen lifting the sword above his head and plunging it repeatedly into the victim.

A second more graphic clip filmed by another resident shows the suspect threatening members of the public as they try to intervene and rescue the victim.

After ordering them to get back he lifts up the sword and brings it down on the bloodied victim once more before running away.

A spokesman for Polizei Stuttgart told Bild: 'We have arrested one person and it is being investigated whether they qualify as the perpetrator.'

Stuttgart is the capital of the southern German state of Baden-Württemberg and is the sixth-largest city in Germany. It is generally regarded as one of the country's safest cities, according to Welt, with several major car manufacturers headquartered there.

Social media viewers were left traumatised by the footage. Krisi Romi said: 'I'm still stunned, where is this supposed to end?'

Anes Merdanovic called it 'just sick'. Manuel Longwitz added: 'I can't find the words.'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thought I’d drop by this thread again.
[MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION], how’s it going?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here