Sorry, you're saying that Harry Kane, who:

* just won the World Cup Golden Boot (by 2 clear goals),
* was 2nd highest scorer in the Premier League 2017/18,
* was top scorer in the Premier League 2016/17,
* was top scorer in the Premier League 2015/16, and
* was 2nd highest scorer in the Premier League 2014/15,

is not a world class striker...?

???
World class for me anyway means you score against the top sides, not banging in four against Huddersfield.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
World class for me anyway means you score against the top sides, not banging in four against Huddersfield.

Miss a couple of chances against Croatia and Belgium and suddenly you're Billy Paynter. :shrug:

He's scored consistently against the top 6 domestically and at a similar rate over the last couple of seasons to Messi and Ronaldo (although admittedly he doesnt contribute as much in the build-up).

Also he's only 24 and has plenty of time to improve.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

What? He has scored many, many goals v the top 6.

Lukaku on the other hand has scored about 5 in his whole career. Oh, and he could only score against panama and Tunisia with dembele, KDB and hazard behind him.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'm not sure if something similar happened after the last Euros, but it could be an interesting thread to bounce in 2 years time. My prediction;

Pickford
Alexander-Arnold Gomez Stones Rose
Henderson Dele
Sancho Maddison Sessegnon
Kane​

I think Joe Gomez is overrated but I doubt it'll stop him, assuming he's fit. People might know of Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), but they will after this season (he finished last season brilliantly and he's going to be a big player for them this season, and will no doubt make an England squad soon) and Marcus Maddison might be a new name to people as well. He's just signed for Leicester for over £20m from Norwich (he was the replacement for Pritchard) and he looks a real talent. There are a couple of other young England players with a chance and no doubt people like Foden will be in the squad, but this is my pick for who will make the team. Angus Gunn, goalkeeper who has just signed for Southampton, will be in the squad but probably won't have ousted Pickford - yet.

No place for Lingard or Sterling for me and I'm assuming Dele Alli will continue to develop and justify his constant inclusion despite his performances.

Marcus Maddison might be a new name to some unless they watch League 1. He plays for Peterborough. James Maddison is the chap who has gone to Leicester.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
My prediction

........................... Pickford ........................

.......... Walker ... Maguire ... Stones .........

Trippier ....................................Sessegnon

............................ Dier ..............................

...... Sterling ........ Alii ......... Lookman ......

........................... Kane .............................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here