Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £2m bid rejected by Sunderland for Paddy McNair

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Albion have made a move for Sunderland midfielder Paddy McNair.

The Seagulls are expected to pursue their interest in the 23-year-old Northern Ireland international after having an initial bid turned down by the relegated Black Cats.

Their opening offer, according to sources in the north-east, was around £2 million.

McNair has Premier League experience with Manchester United. He made 24 appearances four years ago and scored five goals in 18 outings for Sunderland in the Championship this season.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16256912.Albion_chase_Sunderland_midfielder_Paddy_McNair/?ref=twtrec

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Have just seen McNair driving the wrong way down the A23 at over 100mph with what looked like Katie Price sitting in the boot of a Pink Range Rover. Sign him up!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ronald_mcnair.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just had a quick look at the Sunderland forum seems like he was a decent player in a poor team, not one they'd want to lose too cheaply. Injury hit spell at Sunderland though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess a gold FIFA thingy is too much to ask for?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I fear for Duffy. I think we are looking at Dunk and the Nigerian fella as our main centre back pairing.

Looks like we are seriously looking to strengthen defence with uwe, Liam and Connor possibly leaving, Bruno maybe not having another year in him, suttner not setting the world alight, that does leave openings to bring the reading guy in and this Sunderland guy.

Interesting times

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I fear for Duffy. I think we are looking at Dunk and the Nigerian fella as our main centre back pairing.

Looks like we are seriously looking to strengthen defence with uwe, Liam and Connor possibly leaving, Bruno maybe not having another year in him, suttner not setting the world alight, that does leave openings to bring the reading guy in and this Sunderland guy.

Interesting times

I'd fear for the club if they were looking to bring in players no better than it already has or are replacing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good strategy by the club in trying to recruit utility players for the 3rd and 4th choice central defence picks.

Balogun - also left back and right back.
McNair - also defensive midfield.

Avoids the Huenemeier / Goldson problem of never really getting many games.

Of course, we'll still need a 9th defender as well - which puts Moore also in the frame.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Good player but injury issues. Can't see him going for less than 5m.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unlike the club to make their interest known at the negotiating stage. I suggest the club let Naylor release this as a red herring as they chase a different target.
Yes, it is not usual practice. It either means 'done deal', or that we arn't really that bothered and as you say the real target is elsewhere.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What is clear is that replacement home grown players are going to be a serious issue, especially if £2m bids are being rejected for a relegated Sunderland midfielder but we’re expected to accept £3m for Goldson.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)

Dennis Aogo

Jun 28, 2017
Good evening Brighton fans. My good friend Paddy is not a CB or DM. He started as a Striker as a youngster and is a Midfielder with an eye for goal these days.

You will need to up your bid as he has indicated he is happy to stay at Sunderland and the piss taking has stopped under new the new owners.

p.s. Sorry I didn't sign for you last season. As my good friend @thecomander reported. I was very close.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually that article is about who Rangers should look at all f they fail to land Goldson......
Blimey I have no idea how I got that so wrong, my apologies to all Inc BG for being a fook up.
I guess I should have gone to bed 5 minutes earlier, instead of trawling around for one last piece of gossip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here