Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lewes Road bus lane/traffic congestion

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Really? I've found it much quicker coming from Falmer. Yes, it slows between the Garage and Elm Grove, but there's no bus lane there and it's never been particularly fast when traffic is heavy.

My response was based as someone who commutes daily from Bevendean to the City centre leaving around 7-7:30 generally returning during rush hour aswell.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its still a pain in the arse, effing bus wan*ERS!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
as an example cycling past preston barracks, busses and taxis come by very close, and travel much faster than traffic used to [IMO well above the 30MPH limit]. Also cycling 'behind' the bus stops many people walk straight off the bus and step out into the cycle lanes without looking. A particularly bad area for this is by Sainsburys,

And what difference is that to anywhere else in the city? I think the cycle lanes have dramatically improved cycling along that road, there are obvious dangers which are the same everywhere else in the city.

The cycle lane on Old Shoreham Road heading West is horrendous and scares me to the point I'm reluctant to use it. Now THAT is dangerous, all of the open side roads are a potential death trap there, realistically cars rarely stop before rolling across the threshold and I'm paranoid that that is where I would come off, if it happens. Lewes Road I think has been done very well, but Old Shoreham Road is an almost complete fail in my opinion.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1425...nd_fails_to_combat_air_pollution/?ref=mr&lp=3

As a bus user along the route my opinion is the times have got worse if anything. Getting from Elm Grove to the bus garage now seems to take much longer than before the works

The drove (Falmer Road) Warren Road, race hill and Elm Grove is noticeable a lot more busy since the bus lane was made operational as users look for ways to circumnavigate the Lewes Road.

Eh?

Driving back home from the RSCH towards Lewes this afternoon (4.00pm), via Ovingdean and Falmer Road, I discovered that the queue at the Woodingdean crossroads amounted to ... THREE cars. Last Friday, it was FIVE cars.

At that time, Warren Road is always busy as the result of traffic building up during school going-home times. But carry on blaming Lewes Road, if you wish.

[MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] do you still believe we were lying?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here